Chapter 76 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Every man dies. Not every man really lives." - Braveheart, 1995

Word count: 1953

WHEN Monday morning rolled over, I was excited to go to work

After spending Saturday with them, I didn't feel anxious about seeing them. No, I was counting down the minutes until I would see them.

At work, my Aunt and Hilary noticed a change in my behavior. There was a spring in my step as I wandered around the office and greeted people enthusiastically. They didn't comment on it but there was a look in their eyes—curiosity.

The boys were going to be here any minute. I wanted to greet them with drinks and treats so I started brewing a coffee in the kitchen. Humming to myself, I was in my own world, unaware of anybody else.

"You have a pretty voice," An unwanted voice purred to me from the room. Freezing, I held my breath as I heard their footsteps get closer to me.

Jiles stood behind me, inches from my body. My skin crawled in disgust.

"You look gorgeous. Too gorgeous. I'm not going to be able to get you out of my head," He muttered, attempting to sound sexy. To me, he sounded too unappealing.

"You're invading my personal space, Jiles," I declared, coldly.

He completely ignored my words or didn't care. "Why won't you let me take you on a date? I'll rock your world."

I think I just threw up in my mouth. That was gross.

"Please leave me alone," I spun around and glared at him. My eyes were hard, glaring daggers at him. I was fed up with his behavior, especially when I was working on my relationship with my soul mates. Frankly, his behavior was extremely unprofessional. I should tell my Aunt about it.