Chapter 43 - Jimin

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"He saved me in every way a person can be saved."  — Titanic, 1997

Word count: 1989

I knew my date with Alice had to be perfect

I knew my date with Alice had to be perfect. She deserved nothing but the best. I wanted her to make sure she knew how much I valued her.

Unfortunately, after her spontaneous date with Jin on Monday, she wasn't free for the next few days. I hid my disappointment well by researching everything I needed to know. The boys helped me in parts—telling me what she did and didn't like. After recalling a story she told me about how she had one cat when she was younger and that she wished she could have more pets, I decided to take her to the zoo.

Everyone else thought it would be a good idea too.

We couldn't go until Thursday but I was glad I waited. It meant that we were both eager to go.

I picked Alice up from Anna's place and together, we got the bus to the zoo. During the bus ride, I couldn't help but stare at her profile, in awe of her beauty and intelligence. The more I learned about my soul mate, the more shocked I felt. She was extraordinary to me—full of surprises. I felt guilty for what I thought about her before I met her. I couldn't really judge her, not when breaking up with Liam must have been tough.

When Alice did eventually open up about her relationship with him, I would be as encouraging and calm as possible. Even though my insides twisted with jealousy every time I thought about him, I had to remind myself that in the end, she chose us.

As soon as she worked out where we were going, she smiled brightly. Temporarily disarmed by her glorious and blinding smile, all I could do was watch her.

Thankfully, Alice continued talking about how excited she was. Apparently, she had never been to this zoo before. That was news to me.

We got off the busy bus and strolled over to the building. Alice walked so close to me that her delectable and intoxicating scent infiltrated my senses and drove me mad.