Chapter 70 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I don't have friends. I got family." - Furious 7, 2015

Word count: 1689

THE fact they had found me—albeit accidentally—was scary

THE fact they had found me—albeit accidentally—was scary. Fate brought us together no matter what.

When I first saw them, I felt terror seize my heart. I was nowhere near ready to see them again. And yet, there they were, sitting in my Aunt's office, oblivious to her relation to me.

I was glad they didn't come back until today. Although, a part of me would have preferred if they didn't return at all. They weren't supposed to come back and find me.

However, it did feel good to tell my story. To know that they knew the truth. It was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

They had sat there and listened. And just when I thought they would reveal why they had abandoned me, they didn't.

I wanted to hate them. It was easier to hate someone when they were thousands of miles away. But when you were in the same room as them—in the same room as people you love—it's difficult to despise them. With their angelic faces, kind nature, and confusion, I didn't know what to make of the situation.

I couldn't tell my Aunt. Sure, she was confused but she knew who BTS was. She could relay that information back to my parents—people who had given me a second chance because they thought I had discouraged the notion of soul mates. They would not give me another chance. This was the final straw. 

What was I going to do?

For once, I was glad Jiles had poked his nose into my business and ushered me out of the office. I couldn't stand to hear them begging for me to take them back. It felt like too much. I knew that I would do something I'd regret if I continued to hear them.