Chapter 71 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Time, distance; nothing could separate them because they knew it was right." - Sleepless in Seattle, 1993

Word count: 1793

WHEN I arrived at work the following morning, I received many looks from my colleagues

WHEN I arrived at work the following morning, I received many looks from my colleagues. They all stared at me with a mixture of confusion, awe, and rage.

Obviously, word of my new job had gotten out. I should have expected people to be jealous. I would be if I had been working here for years.

I didn't exactly know what my new job entailed—whether I would see my soul mates regularly—but I was praying that most of the work I had to do was going to be behind the scenes.

As usual, I poured myself a cup of tea along with Valarie's coffee and delivered it to her office. She was busy on the phone, talking to Mrs. Fernandez about her case. I slid the cup down and then sauntered back to my desk in a room close to hers.

Loading my computer up, I checked my emails first. Several emails popped up on the screen from people I didn't know. At closer inspection, I realized I had been added to the CC for the BTS case. All the information on the screen was for it.

The new job I had felt more real now.

"Alice?" Hilary poked her head through the door, perkily.

"Yes?" I replied, lifting my head up.

"BTS are in reception waiting for you," She informed me with a sly grin.

"What...?" I was lost for a moment. Then, I guessed they must be here for the case. Or at least, that is what they wanted other people to believe. "Right, yes, that makes sense. I'm coming." I muttered in a rush, straightening my pencil skirt.

Rising to my feet, I marched down the hallway in my three-inch heels toward reception. Swallowing, I placed a placid expression on my face as I greeted them. Nina was talking to Taehyung when I arrived. Or should I say, flirting with him? A flare of jealousy spurted inside of my heart but I pressed it down. They weren't mine anymore. I had to remember that.