Chapter 22 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Soul mates. It's extremely rare, but it exists. It's sort of like twin souls turned into each other."  — When Dreams May Come, 1998

Word count: 1935

WEAKLY, I lifted my hand up and knocked on the door

For a few moments, there was silence. I knew it was early in the morning—too early for her to be awake. But I had nowhere else to go.

"Come on, please," I whispered to myself.

Relief overcame me when the door squeaked open and a pair of tired brown orbs fell on me. Noticing it was me, Anna opened the door wider and wrapped her dressing gown around her tightly.

"Alice? What are you doing here? Are you okay?" She fired questions at me, stepping outside.

"Liam—" I managed to choke out before breaking down crying again.

"Oh god," Anna muttered, embracing me before I collapsed. "Come inside."

We stepped into her warm house. Once the door was closed, I fell against the wall and showed her my devastation.

"Oh, Alice. You told him, didn't you?" She stated, softly. I couldn't speak so I nodded my head, vigorously. "You did such a brave thing, honey. You really did."

"Did I?" I sniffled, wiping my snotty nose. I probably looked dreadful.

"Yeah," She replied, guiding me into her small lounge. I left my suitcase in the hallway, my only focus on my pain and regret. "He knows the truth and that's a good thing. You knew it would be painful."

"But...but I planned to tell him myself. Ara...god," I groaned, my stomach churning bitterly. Ara had gone ahead and told him, without even letting me explain. "She told him—by text. He found out by text."