Chapter 5 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"We accept the love we think we deserve," — The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, 2012

Word count: 2034

LIAM found me the next morning lying on the couch, the TV playing The Simpsons

LIAM found me the next morning lying on the couch, the TV playing The Simpsons. He was confused and worried, rushing to kneel in front of my face. Tenderly, his long fingers examined my face, brushing my blonde hair behind my ear.

"Babe?" He asked, softly.

I cracked an eye open, groaning. Sometime around six, I started to drift off, even though I tried to fight it. Thankfully, I didn't have another soul dream but the damage had already been done. I was scared to fall asleep.

"Oh, sorry," I muttered huskily, stretching my arms over my head. Liam watched me; his concern obvious. God knows what he thinks. I knew I had been acting distant lately and I'm sure he could see it.

"Is something wrong?"

The question was so innocent but carried so much intensity. Is something wrong, Alice?

"No," I lied through my teeth, shaking my head. To stop any suspicion, I looked him in the eye and pressed my lips against his.

The kiss—that usually felt so good and right—was wrong. It took everything in me to stop my body from withdrawing. My skin wanted to crawl with disgust.

My body refused to cooperate with me. It yearned for my soul mate's touch. My mind wanted to love Liam, to remain faithful.

When I pulled back, I smiled at him, hoping I could hide my pain.

"I woke up restless and I thought I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep so I came here. Obviously, I was wrong." I explained, only half-lying. I was restless when I woke up.

"Oh, baby. You should have put a blanket over yourself. It might only be October but it's still cold." He commented, stroking my cheek affectionately. It was still quite warm out—we were blessed with some hot days but in the evenings—especially here—the temperature drops.