Chapter 73 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"After all, tomorrow is another day!" - Gone With The Wind, 1939

Word count: 1706

I had no idea what to wear

I had no idea what to wear. My eyes flitted over my small wardrobe, searching for something to wear. I shouldn't care what I wore but I did. I wanted to make some sort of impression. Which was so silly the moment I thought it because they knew who I was, and they didn't care what I wore.

Still, I couldn't find anything to wear. Or maybe I was delaying the inevitable. Seeing them. Spending a whole day with them. It terrified me.

I missed them. That was the truth. I really did. And I hated that I missed them. Spending time with them would only cause more heartache for me.

Sighing in exasperation, I checked the time. My eyes nearly bugged out of my sockets when I saw that I had twenty minutes until they would arrive. Shit!

I grabbed the first thing I saw—a pretty knee-length dress with floral patterns. Throwing it on, I added a dash of mascara and lip gloss to my face and brushed my hair. I didn't want them to think I got dolled up for them.

Swiping my bag off the bed, I stuffed the essentials inside and then left my apartment. My heart was beating so loudly in my chest that I was afraid it would explode as I made my way over to the lift.

When I reached the basement where I suspected they would have parked, I paused. Could I do this?

I didn't have time to think things through because my name was being called. Glancing to the right, I spotted Hobi leaning out of the car. He looked happier than when I last saw him but the light that graced his dark orbs was nowhere in sight. That was because of me.

Sucking in a shuddering breath, I approached the car. Hobi stepped out and opened the van door, giving me a good look at my other soul mates. Jin was at the wheel of the car with Yoon-gi next to him. They had both popped their heads between the gap to get a better look at me. Namjoon, Jungkook, and Taehyung were situated at the back of the car. The former had a small smile on his face whilst the two youngest gawked at me. As for Jimin, who I guessed was sitting next to Hobi, he looked nervous. Very nervous.