Chapter 41 - Ho-seok

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how." — Gone With The Wind, 1939

Word count: 2437

So before you read this chapter, you should know updates might not happen as regularly

So before you read this chapter, you should know updates might not happen as regularly. I recently broke my wrist (it's very inconvenient). I am going to try and post at least once a week.

ALICE was standing between Taehyung and Jin when I made it downstairs. My eyes found her first—seeking out her luscious long blonde hair and sparkling emerald orbs. She was laughing at something Tae said, her head thrown back. Jin snorted in reply, rolling his eyes playfully.

The scene felt so wholesome. I smiled at the scene, remaining outside of the scene for a moment as I appreciated it. Alice looked radiant and seemed to fit perfectly in between my two brothers.

My qualms felt insignificant now that I was downstairs in her presence. Especially when she shifted her eyes to me.

"Hobi!" She called my name, excitedly. My resolve softened at the sight of her and my heart sped up at how delighted she appeared. Next to me, Namjoon sent me an 'I told you so' look.

Plastering a genuine smile on my face, I stalked over to her and embraced her in a bone-crushing hug. The other two beside her mumbled something incoherent but I paid no heed to them. The hug was exactly what I needed. Alice melted into my body and rested her head on my shoulder. I wasn't as tall as the others and it was visible when she leaned back. The top of her head reached my eyes.

"How are you, sunshine?" I asked, my voice hushed. Everyone else pretended they weren't paying attention when I knew they all were. When Alice was around us, we were all drawn to her. If she was having a private moment with one of us, the others would respect it and move away but would glance at her. She had an energy that drew us to her. Even if we wanted to fight it, we couldn't.