Chapter 33 - Ho-seok

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 1761

"Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?" — What A Girl Wants, 2003

MY sunshine was sitting beside me, giggling at a story Taehyung was telling about Namjoon's clumsiness. Or, as we liked to call him, the God of Destruction. Every once in a while, Jimin would join in too, eager to have our soul mates' attention. Namjoon, on the other hand, seemed quite embarrassed. Several times he tried to stop the conversation but failed. 

I knew he wasn't really that bothered. He was entranced by our Alice and her laughter. I swear, I could never get enough of it. It was made of pure sunshine itself.

She basked under the lights, her entire being glowing like an angel.

Last night, I tossed and turned the whole night, her face, her voice, her laughter running around in circles. I didn't even care that I didn't sleep. I was content imagining her.

Jin had prepared a delicious meal, especially for her. He had woken up early to cook the meat and had spent most of the afternoon flapping around the kitchen, panicking.

Of course, when Alice actually arrived and entered the kitchen, he was as cool as a cucumber. She even asked him if he had worked hard on the meal. Jin played it off, waving his hand nonchalantly as if he hadn't been pouring his love and soul into it for the past few hours.

The corners of her eyes crinkled, signaling that she didn't entirely believe him. I was already starting to understand small things about her. Whenever she giggled, her cute button nose would scrunched up. She can never keep still. Her fingers have to be doing something or her leg needs to be swinging back and forth. They were all little quirks that made her our Alice.