Chapter 88 - Yoongi

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"The stuff that dreams are made of." - The Maltese Falcon, 1941

Word count: 1746

TWO weeks of hiding in our dorm

That was what we had to do due to the alarming and hateful tweets we had received.

For two weeks, the seven of us comforted our soul mate who struggled with the news. The moment her identity had been leaked, she came barging into the lounge, crying her eyes out. I will never get the image of her flustered and broken out of my mind.

She was petrified.

And she had the right to be. The tweets we had received were brutal. There were some very unkind, obsessive people out there.

Originally, Alice had tortured herself by reading them. I found her the next morning, scrolling through Twitter, with a look of despair on her face. It almost broke me to see that.

We had contacted Big Hit immediately. They released a statement followed by a short interview, politely asking people to think before they shared their opinions online. It didn't really work.

There were some very supportive tweets, however. They were the ones I showed to the boys and Alice, hoping it would cheer them up. Hobi, our sunshine, had tried to brighten our moods by planning extravagant things to do in the dorm but none of us could focus on anything for too long.

Alice spent each night in one of our rooms, sobbing her heart out. I hated the fact that the only thing I could do was hold her in my arms as she cried.

It made me angry that people I didn't even know could be so judgemental and hurtful. Alice had done nothing wrong. We were doing nothing wrong. The fact people were targeting her made my blood boil.

Alice didn't deserve the hate. She didn't deserve to feel like she was a monster, a horrible person.

"Why do they have to be so cruel to her?" Jimin asked as he snuggled beside me. His heart was too big for this world—for the cruelty that people suffered. My heart hurt so much; the pain was almost unbearable.

"Because people can be mean and petty," I replied, blankly.

I switched the TV off the moment the news came on. I knew without a doubt that they would be talking about us. Because the public was still interested in this.

"I'm glad you turned that shit off," Hobi commented as he entered the room.

"Where's our doll?" Jimin asked Hobi as he collapsed onto the couch next to Jimin. Hobi had run a bath for Alice earlier since she looked so worn out. My heart broke for her.