Chapter 47 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." — Emile Brontë

Word count: 1835

STARTLED, I awoke

STARTLED, I awoke. Beads of sweat trailed down my face and my heart was pounding in my chest.

Frantically, my eyes scanned the dark, unfamiliar room. It was quite plain but the bed I was in was comfortable. Very comfortable. Lying back down whilst I tried to figure out where I was, I caught a whiff of the pillows. The intoxicating scent wormed its way into my nose and summoned waves of tranquility over me.

The scent...it was Yoon-gi's.

Why was I in Yoon-gi's room?

And then, like a hectic and volatile tsunami, the memories hit me.

The day with Jimin and Hobi, the shopping, and...the food court.

Mortification fell onto my face as I recalled what I had seen. What my soul mates had seen. I didn't want them to find out about Liam and Ara—who I had no idea were together—like this. I wanted to tell them in my own time when I was ready.

It would take me a while to process what I had witnessed, and what Ara and Liam had said to me. Firstly, they were together. Romantically. How could they do this to me? I know I hurt both of them but for them to date each other...it was still wrong. Was it right for me to complain about that?

Secondly, Ara showed no grief about what she had done to me. She didn't even feel a little bad about it. Liam...well, he was a different case. He was clearly heartbroken and maybe he was seeking affection from someone who would willingly give it to him without facing the consequences. I couldn't really blame him, not when I am with my soul mates, trying to move on. He is trying to move on, trying to find happiness in a sea of heartache.