Chapter 59 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"What we do in echoes in eternity." - Gladiator, 2000

Word count: 2197

I knew that this day would come one day

I knew that this day would come one day. We had been living in a blissful bubble for too long and now, finally, the time had come for them to leave America.

They didn't live here—Korea was their home.

Tears streamed down my face as I rushed back to Anna's house. I didn't care about my appearance—none of that mattered to me. I could barely see where I was going which ended up with me bumping into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I mumbled, climbing to my feet again. My eyes lifted from the ground to the person who I assumed was a stranger. The universe must be cackling at my misfortunes because the person I crashed into was Liam. "Oh." Was all I could say, shocked.

"Alice?" He said my name in his usual voice.

"I—" I stepped back, distancing myself mentally and physically. Liam was here—in front of me. When I definitely didn't need to see him, he was there. Why did he have to be here now?

"Alice wait!" He yelled, grabbing onto my forearm in a tight but not bruising grip. I stared down at his digits that were curled around my arm, almost afraid of what he was going to do. "Please just let me talk."

I faltered.

"I want—" He exhaled and slowly released my arm. Liam stepped back and combed a hand through his messy hair. Usually, it was perfected to his usual style but this time, it was disheveled. It was unlike him. "Can we talk somewhere more private?"

He wanted to go somewhere private and talk?

I didn't know what to say to him. Should I listen to what he has to say or should I run away? I had already run from my soul mates—my mind was not in a good place—yet maybe Liam wanted to clear the air. Perhaps listening to him would be a good thing.