Chapter 42 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime."  — The Bridges Of Madison County, 1995

Word count: 3005

UNFORTUNATELY, I returned to college the following day. My two dates went better than I could have hoped for. When I got home from my date with Hobi, I told Anna I had kissed him. She freaked out and started screaming in shock. Even though she knew we were soul mates, she couldn't believe I had kissed The Hobi.

After my first and only lecture today, I decided to head to my favorite cafe and read a book I had bought at Estella's. I really had fallen in love with it. The whole vibe and aesthetic were welcoming and compelling.

The book I had bought fit ideally with the subject I was studying in my course. Since I had handed in my assignment for my first assignment, it meant I would be introduced to my next assignment which just so happened to be a theme.

Settling back in my chair, I flipped the book open and read the first sentence, prepared to fall into another world for the next hour or so.

I didn't realize what time it was when a presence lingered by my table. Reluctantly, I dragged my eyes away from the engrossing book and peered up at the stranger.

As soon as my eyes landed on him, my heart rate picked up.

He looked stunning under the dim lighting. His black mask prevented me from seeing half of his face but his eyes showed the world. Awkwardly, he stood by my table, staring at me.

"Jin, are you okay?" I asked worriedly, snapping him out of his thought process.

Blinking rapidly, he glanced down, probably blushing. "Oh, yes, sorry. You just caught me off guard."