Chapter 17 - Taehyung

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane." — The Shawshank Redemption, 1994 

Word count: 1843

KNOWING about our soul mate and another man was devastating

My worries were already plaguing my mind frequently and now I had confirmation that our soul mate had someone else in her life.

The evening, at dinner, it was stiff. Jungkook and Hobi didn't notice thankfully but the observant Yoon-gi did. It would only be a matter of time before he interrogated one of us—probably me—demanding to know what I knew.

I wanted to devote my entire existence to this girl—she had already captured every part of me—but how could I do that when she had someone else in her life? Did she love him? What was he to her? Did she know about her soul mates and decided she didn't want to give it a shot?

That last question sent an arrow to my already wounded heart.

Lying in bed, I stared at the ceiling, desperate to fall into dreamland again. I had been deprived of it for so long. I wanted to get a proper glimpse of our soul mate. I wanted to feel my connection to her again. To solidify it.

Eventually, my lids began to droop. The world around me shifted and I found myself in the same place again—the beautiful clearing.

It was ethereal—too beautiful to be real. The lake where I first saw her silhouette was visible in front of me. With a hopeful smile, I rushed over to it. Every night, I stood around the lake, waiting for her to return.

I craved the possibility of seeing her again.

Above me, the sun shone brightly. It wasn't like the real sun; it had flakes of purple and green in it. Those colors reflected onto the lake's water, tempting me to step in.

Sitting on one of the rocks, I loosened a breath and waited.

Normally, I wasn't a patient person. But I would be for her.