Chapter 72 - Taehyung

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"So you're telling me there's a chance." - Dumb and Dumber, 1994

Word count: 1678

IT was not going as well as I would have liked

IT was not going as well as I would have liked. In fact, it felt like Alice was getting further away from me. I hated that. Fear was a constant emotion that controlled me. I was so scared of her leaving us—me.

We planned a way to get her to stay with us. To let us make up for things. However, she was keeping a distance—putting a barrier between us and her. It was impossible to penetrate.

That didn't mean I wasn't determined to fix it though. I was going to get her back. We were going to make things right. But before that could happen, Namjoon needed to talk to her. Until he did that, we would never get anywhere.

It had been a week since we arrived back in America—since we had seen our soul mate again—and although I was glad to see her, I had never felt more stress in my life. It felt like I was walking on eggshells, afraid to upset her.

Every day we visited her job, working with her for hours on end. She was always so closed off, never engaging in jokes or personal conversations. There were a few days when I would return to the hotel and cry. We were getting nowhere and we all knew it.

Today was the same as before. We all sat in the meeting room, going over the case. Alice kept her eyes on the paper in front of her, never locking eyes with us.

"Do—Alice," Jimin corrected himself, reverting back to old habits. Alice noticed too because there was a faint glint in her emerald orbs. What was that look in her eyes? "This weekend we are planning to visit the Smithsonian. D—do you want to join?"

My hyung looked so nervous. I hated seeing him reduced to this.

Alice seemed conflicted. That was a good sign, right? That meant somewhere internally, she wanted to spend time with us. Was she faltering? Were we getting somewhere?