Chapter 67 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"If you build it, he will come." - Field of Dreams, 1989

Word count: 1914

SIX months. That was how long I had been living in Washington with my Aunt for.

It had gone quicker than I thought—so quick that my twenty-first birthday had flown by. My Aunt had flown my parents out to Washington—to my horror—and had organized a fancy dinner with my colleagues at work.

Just as my mom had warned, I had dedicated all of my time to Mortley Law Firm. The case my Aunt had told me about was complex and extremely popular. We had news vans outside the big building our office was stationed in. A few times my face had been caught on camera, to my annoyance.

I went everywhere with my Aunt, going over case files, filing things, and contacting people who can help her. It came to the point where I even organized her own life.

The case had taken up every aspect of our lives. Over the past month, the only time I wasn't focused on it was for Hilary's wedding. Against my wishes, she had found me a plus one. The man was insufferable to the point I hid in the bathroom to avoid him.

It was a beautiful Spring Day in Washington, and I was going for a run through the streets. There were several flashing billboards I passed. None of them stuck out. But then...seven familiar faces stared back at me.

Hanging in the sky like angels were my seven soul mates. An advertisement for their new song. They looked handsome and...happy.

I had avoided any news about them for so long. It felt like a step backward to see their faces.

You can walk away, Alice. Come on. One foot in front of the other.

With great effort, I made it back to my apartment and downed a fresh glass of water. I had to get them out of my head.