Chapter 15 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I'd rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you." — Pocahontas, 1995

Word count: 1609

NO matter how many times I pestered Ara the next morning, spamming her mailbox and messages, she refused to answer me

I woke up the following day with a slight hangover and a heavy heart.

Liam was already tucked into bed snuggly, snoring away happily. After reapplying concealer on my wrists and rubbing my face until it was raw, I slid into bed, my body shaking with nerves.

Ara, the one person I didn't want to tell this to, knew. It scared the shit out of me. Was she going to tell Liam? The way she spoke last night, the venom laced in her voice, made it appear like she was going to. 

My face grew pale at the thought. 

Liam woke up before me and cooked breakfast for me. I ate it in bed, feeling guilty once again. His blue eyes were bright this morning and there weren't any bags under his eyes. He had a refreshing sleep and was ready for a new day.

On the other hand, I knew I looked dreadful. My hair was matted, I was certain I didn't completely wipe off all of my mascara and my eyes were still puffy from last night. I had cried in Anna's arms for a considerable amount of time, losing all of my internal walls. Being the true friend she was, she didn't complain once and tried to cheer me up with awful jokes. 

After washing the dishes, Liam left to go and meet with his best friend, Ryan. They had been buddies since they were kids. Ryan followed Liam here this year after taking a gap year. He admired Liam a lot and wanted to follow in his footsteps. 

I didn't mind Ryan. However, he could be...a bit too much sometimes. That was why Liam didn't hang out with him often.

At noon, I received a message from Anna, asking how I was. It was clear she was worried about me. It melted my heart that someone I barely saw as a friend once upon a time could be the closest person to me in the space of a week. She had proved to me that she was an honest and decent person. She was the only person I could rely on now.