Chapter 14 - Jimin

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Oh, you're the best friends anybody ever had." — The Wizard Of Oz, 1939

Word count: 1605

NAMJOON had managed to book a private jet to America

NAMJOON had managed to book a private jet to America. Since we had no idea whereabouts in America our soul mate was living, we jetted off to Los Angeles. At the time, it seemed like a fairly logical choice. If we were seen in Los Angeles, it would look like we were collaborating with someone or being interviewed. We wouldn't have to respond to the rumors floating around. 

A few days ago, it was leaked that we were searching for our soul mate. We collectively decided to not respond to it. Not until we met our soul mate and asked if she was okay with us. Namjoon had everything sorted—our accommodation, travel papers, and excuses had been made. We were all set.

Saying goodbye to Korea was easier than I thought it would be. Knowing we'd be finding our soul mate drove us to rush leaving.

Our families were happy for us albeit, nervous. They knew that there would be complications with the media. My family in particular was very reserved about it. It was still taking them a while to warm up to the idea of me sharing a mate. They promised to welcome her with open arms but I knew that the whole idea didn't settle well with them. I just hoped they would be fully on board once I found her. 

When we arrived at the airport late at night, I scanned the crowds for any fans. We snuck out and got a ride in an ordinary car.

So far, nobody recognized us. It helped that we had face masks on—it made it harder to tell who we were.

Jungkook walked beside me, appearing just as anxious as myself. As the youngest, we all looked out for him. He had joined us at such a young age and had practically grown up with us. 

"Looks like we're clear," I assured him, my lips quirking upwards.

Moving to an empty waiting room that we had booked in advance, Yoon-gi flopped on the seat, his eyes fluttering closed. When he wasn't working, he was sleeping. He could doze off at any day in the week.