Chapter 11 - Hoseok

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss of her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One." — City Of Angels, 1998 

Word count: 1809

I loved my brothers. Always have.

They usually said I was their light but in reality, they were my light. They were the reason I was always happy and bubbly, why I kept remaining hopeful.

Over the past few days, there has been a shift in our dynamic. Ever since Jimin first experienced his soul gift, we have all been on edge. Each one of us has been praying for a glimpse into our soul mate's life—to find out who they were.

All we knew was that our soul mate was a woman.

A woman who I would cherish to the end of time. I didn't know her but I knew I would love her dearly. She would become my entire world.

Every single one of my brothers has experienced their soul gift. Every single one of them except me.

I had to admit—though I would never to them—that I was jealous and upset that I hadn't yet.

Questions of doubt circled through my mind regularly. Did I not have a gift? Would I not be able to form a connection with my soul mate?

We finished all of our work yesterday. Today was the first day of no work and I was already itching to go to the dance studio and work on a new routine. I loved dancing. Ever since I was little, I danced.

My little sister, Ji-Woo, would dance with me too. Even though she didn't share the same passion as me, we'd spend hours every day dancing to music videos on the television.

When I became an Idol, my love for dance only grew. My brothers knew it was my world. What they didn't know was that the center of my universe shifted the moment the tattoo appeared on my wrist.