Chapter 69 - Jimin

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"And still I dream he'll come to me. That we will live the years together" - Les Miserables, 2012

Word count: 2131

WE returned to Mortley Law Firm the next day, with a game plan

WE returned to Mortley Law Firm the next day, with a game plan. The night before, we all talked about what had happened at the hotel. After calling Manager Jon and telling him we had found Alice, but things were complicated, he said we had a few weeks to fix things.

Then, Jin revealed what he thought had happened. That something happened to Alice that made her cold.

It hurt to see her like that. My beautiful doll. She acted like we were nothing to her. Like we had done something despicable which led to her cutting us out of her life. I had to know more than ever what happened.

The firm was just as busy on a Wednesday, with several clients. Nina was sitting at the desk again, on the phone with someone. Even though we told her we'd come back today, she still looked shocked to see us.

"Should I call Miss Mortley?" She asked us as we stopped in front of her.

"No," Namjoon shook his head. This was the longest he had been sober in months. Seeing Alice sparked hope in him again. In all of us. We were going to find out what happened and make things right. "We want to talk to Alice Bradshaw."

Nina's eyebrows shot up, "Alice? Whatever for? She doesn't deal with—"

"Please, Nina," Tae begged, jutting out his bottom lip.

Nina faltered. "Fine."

We all watched with bated breath as she called someone. "Alice? Hi, there are some people at reception who need you. Okay, excellent. See you in a moment." Nina hung up and glanced back up at us. "Alice will be here in a moment."