Chapter 18 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want." — 10 Things I Hate About You, 1999

Word count: 2075

MY weekend after that wasn't nearly as eventful. My soul gifts occurred a few times. Once was when Liam spontaneously kissed me when he got back from studying and the second was during my dreams. I didn't see my soul mate in the field but I knew he was there. I knew he could see my back.

To say I was petrified was an understatement. It was the closest I had ever gotten to knowing who my soul mate was.

On Sunday, I tried calling Ara. She didn't pick up. Anna kept pestering her whenever she could but when Spring messaged her to come over, she ditched everything and left. I couldn't hate or fault her for that. Her relationship with Spring was very complicated and needed a lot of work.

Thankfully, Ara never texted Liam. She was angry but rational at least.

It worried me that at any moment, she could either tell him the truth over text or ask him to meet her.

That gave me hope that she wanted to seek me out before him.

When I returned to college, I received my cheerleading uniform immediately. Chelsea, the nice girl who walked me to the nurse's office, stopped to chat with me briefly and asked how I was doing.

Chelsea was called over by another girl, giving me a chance to examine the uniform. It was similar to my one at high school. It wasn't as flashy as the professional cheerleader's outfit they had here but it was definitely pretty.

After stuffing it into a plastic bag I found littered in the office, I checked the time and sighed. I had a lecture soon. It did give me the opportunity to speak to Anna—which I needed desperately—but it also meant I could possibly bump into Ara. She had a lecture around this time and the hall was very close to mine.