ᴋɪss ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴏᴋ

╰┈NEW YORK CTY, NY
୨⎯ᴊᴀᴄᴋ's ᴘᴏᴠ ⎯୧
»»——————¤——————««
I wanted to surprise Savannah with breakfast in bed, so I made pancakes for her. As I was mixing the pancake mix and Ryan was playing with Shay, I heard the bedroom door creak open and Savannah's light footsteps come down the hall; I turned to her. She stood there as I had an apron that said kiss the cook, "kiss the cook!" I yelled and threw my arms up, which caused me to drop the bowl, "oh my god, the mix!" I cried and pulled my apron off. "What did I wake up to?" She asked, concerned and rubbing her eyes, "Jack is just being Jack," Ryan mumbled; I glared at him and grabbed a towel to clean up my mess. Then, Savannah walked over to me and kneeled to my eye level, "can I still get a kiss?" I added and leaned toward her; she smiled and grabbed my face, "of course," she placed a small kiss on my lips and helped me clean up.

After we finished cleaning up the kitchen and I was sitting on the couch with Shay's head on my lap; as Savannah was getting around since I promised her to get her hair done when we were back in New York, she came walking in with a white off-the-shoulder top and skinny jeans. Her hair was down, "ready to go?" I asked, and she nodded; we bid our goodbyes to Ryan and walked downstairs to the parking garage.

I drove her to one of the best hair salons in New York, "you don't have to take me to such a nice place." She disagreed as I turned into the parking lot. "Of course I do; I don't want a shitty job done on your hair," I argued and parked in front of the building. I got out and went over to open the door for Savannah. She took my hand to help her out of the car, we walked up to the building, holding hands, and I opened the door for her. She smiled and thanked me; we walked up to the front desk.

"Hello, I'm here for a three-clock appointment," Savannah told the lady, "what's your name, dear?" She asked kindly, "Savannah Columbia," and the lady typed her name into the computer. "Okay, I'll let your stylist know you are here; just take a seat over there," she told us, and we walked to the waiting room. After a few minutes of waiting, a young woman came walking over; she had light brown curly hair and big blue eyes, was about 5'8, and her makeup looked amazing, "hi, I'm Scarlett. Are you Savannah?" She asked, and she nodded and stood up. Before Savannah walked away, I kissed her hand and let go of it. I sat there looking through Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram. I looked around the salon trying to find my girl; only I didn't see her. I sighed and tapped my foot, and I had no patience for waiting for things.

sᴀᴠᴀɴɴᴀʜ's ᴘᴏᴠ
»»——————¤——————««
Scarlett and I talked about what I wanted: a deep clean on my hair, a touch job on my roots, and a trim since I had some dead ends. Then, she took me to the washroom and showed me a small powder packet. "This is not bleach or dye; it's a special kind of shampoo that helps with any dirt, oil, and dead skin cells in your hair that your shampoo didn't get out." She explained, put the powder in a bottle with hot water, and started to shake it. I sat down, leaned back, and she began to put it in my hair and scalp.

"I'll put some in a little baggie for you to take home with a bottle, but I recommend doing it every two months so you don't overwash your hair." She informed, "thank you, does this work on any hair type since I want to see what it will do to my boyfriend's hair." I let out.

"Oh definitely, you will see a difference, and it will feel much better; just let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse under hot water." She clarified, then showed me the packet with directions on the back, "if you like this product, you can get it at Sally's beauty," she explained; I smiled and thanked her again. We talked about our lives, getting to know each other. Then, after the deep clean, she dyed my roots there and had me sit up for it.

I wondered if Jack was bored; I recorded a video of me getting my hair done to post on Instagram after I edited it. My hair looked brighter than before; I was excited about what it would look like after the dye job. "After we get dyed, trim it and blow dry if you want me to at some curl to it?" she asked; I thought about it since I felt like I was already spending a lot of money. "Let me text Jack since he is paying for this, and I already feel bad for spending this much on my hair," I confessed, and Scarlett nodded.