ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ

╰┈NEW YORK, NY
ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ
»»——————¤——————«
It had been four years since Jack and Savannah started dating, the two were walking on the beach as the sun was slowly setting and people were leaving; Jack had been waiting for this moment, and this was the moment he wanted to ask Savannah.

They walked more towards the water; as Savannah watched the water and sun, Jack checked his jacket pocket to ensure it was still there. "Sweetheart, look at me for a second," Jack said as he pulled the ring box out. Savannah turned her head towards him. Jack got down on one knee and looked up at her as she gasped and covered her mouth.

"Savannah, my darling, you have been every step of the way since I met you, and I love you with my whole heart, and it would make me the luckiest man alive to call you my wife. Will you marry me, Savannah Columbia?"

Jack opened the box to show a beautiful green jewel in a gold band; Tears of joy were rolling down her cheeks. "Yes, yes," Savannah muttered through tears as she agreed to become Mrs. Metzger. Jack looks at her face with shaky hands and blurry vision due to his tears threatening to spill out.

This is single-handedly the best moment in his life as well. He was proposing to the love of his life. Jack stands back on two feet and gently takes her left hand in his, helping her slip on the engagement ring. Then once the ring is safely secure on Savannah's finger, he wraps his arms around her, keeping Savannah in a tight embrace.

They both cry happy tears into each other's necks. The lovers stay on the beach, soaking in what just happened until the sun starts to set over the sea. Jack leans to her right ear and whispers, "Come on, let's go celebrate." Savannah happily smiled and took his hand, walking off the shore and back to their shared apartment to get around to head to Ryan and Cat's place to celebrate.

˗ˏˋᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴋɪᴘ࿐ྂ
»»——————¤——————«
The two entered the apartment as Shay walked over and barked with a blanket on her since Jack had put it on her before they left. Savannah walked to the bedroom and looked in her closet for a dress. After a couple of minutes of looking, she came across a cream color dress that Jack had brought her a couple of years ago; she grabbed it off the hanger and got changed; She paired the dress with a pair of high heels and a necklace that Jack got her for my 22nd birthday.

Jack walked in and hugged Savannah's waist as She looked at herself in the mirror; "you look beautiful, my love," he mumbled on her shoulder; She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Thank you, you don't look so bad either," Savannah said as Jack was changed into a nice shirt with a pair of pants. "Was this a nice surprise for our fourth anniversary?" Jack asked and held Savannah's hand up with the ring on it,

"This is the best surprise you ever gave me," she smiled, looked up at Jack, and planted a kiss on his lips; he smiled into the kiss. It was warm and loving; it was full of love from two lovers that were meant to be together.

They both pulled away, and Savannah realized how much the man in front of her meant to her. This was the man who she was so hopelessly in love with; this was the man she saw a future with.

Jack furrowed his eyebrows when he saw her deep in her thoughts. "Are you alright?" He asked, breaking Savannah out of her thoughts. She gave him a reassuring smile and nodded. "Yeah, I am," Both of them smiled; it drove Jack crazy seeing that this was the woman he chose that wanted to love him as much as he wanted to love her.

He stared into her eyes, the same eyes that captured his heart the day they met. Not once he'd wish to have it back. He wanted his heart in Savannah's belonging and only hers. Just like how he had her. Even when they had arguments, he'd always come back to Savannah, back in her loving arms where he felt like he belonged.

This was the woman he fell in love with. The woman he imagined his future without. The woman he'd propose to and would marry. He wished his lucky stars that she would never walk out of his life. He was selfish, but people do crazy, weird things when they're in love.

If someone had walked in, they'd see two young adults lost in lust and euphoria. But to Jack and Savannah, the feeling was more than just that; it was love, and they would never change their love for each other for anything in the world.

˗ˏˋᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴋɪᴘ࿐ྂ
»»——————¤——————«
We made it to Ryan and Cat's apartment; Jack got his key out, unlocked the door, and opened it for me; I walked in, and everyone looked at us as Jack walked in and shut the door behind, "so?" Ryan asked, and Jack grabbed my hand and held the ring; everyone started to clap and cheer.

"Alright, some start coughing up some money!" Austin yelled, and people began to take their wallets out and pay him. We walked more into the apartment as Jack's parents were there, Adam, Emily, Cat, Ryan, Austin, and a couple of close friends were there. "Let's see that ring!" Cat cheered and walked up to me, and I showed her the ring,

"holy shit, that's beautiful," I nodded, and we walked to the living room and sat down; we talked. "So, how will you tell your family the big news?" Adam asked, and I shrugged, "I think we should go to Chicago and tell them the big news in person," I guessed, and Jack nodded in agreement, "but they will know soon," I added.

We continued to talk until Gary and Laurie decided to leave, "congratulations once again, we both are proud of you," Laurie smiled as she hugged Jack, then looked at me, "I'm so happy that I get my last daughter in law," Laurie smiled and brought me in for a hug. "Thank you; I'll call you when we have any ideas for the wedding," I muttered, and she nodded. They finished their goodbyes and left the apartment.

"Alright, let's party!" Cat cheered and pulled me to the kitchen. I laughed as I was around people that been there since day one.
Cat poured everyone a glass of wine as we talked and laughed, "cheers to Savannah and Jack as they are finally getting married," Ryan smiled, and we all tapped our glasses together and took a drink.

"Should we get some photos?" Austin asked and held up his camera. "Umm, hell yeah," I smiled, and everyone got out of the way, and we sat our glasses down, Jack wrapped his arms around my waist, and we looked at the camera, Austin snapped a couple of photos, and we changed poses as it was us kissing and Jack held my wrist out to show the ring.

I smiled into the kiss, and we pulled away, "great, I'll edit them and send them to you," Austin said and got his computer out; we thanked him, and Cat and Ryan came over and handed us a bag. "This is a congratulations gift," Cat said and gave me the bag; I moved the paper around, and there was a crafting book that was a dark green cover which was my favorite color.

"We got you a wedding book just to help you decide what your wedding will look like," Ryan explained, and Cat was bouncing around in excitement. I smiled and hugged them "thank you so much, I love this," I flipped threw the light tan pages as they were empty and ready to be used.

˗ˏˋᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴋɪᴘ࿐ྂ
»»——————¤——————«
It was about ten at night, and everyone except Jack, Cat, Ryan, Emily, Adam, and Austin was there. Austin finished editing the photos and sent them to me since Jack was a little drunk and acting weirder than usual.

"I love you," Jack slurred as he lay on my lap, as I played with his hair. I smiled and continued to talk to Emily; Jack got up from my lap and wrapped his arms around me since I wasn't paying attention to him. "Savannah," Jack whispered, and I brushed him off; he let go of me and leaned back on the couch.