ɴᴇᴡ ɴᴇɪɢʜʙᴏʀ

╰┈NEW YORK, NY
sᴀᴠᴀɴɴᴀʜ's ᴘᴏᴠ
»»——————¤——————«
I woke up in my bed; I sat up and looked at my phone as I got a text message from Jack which told me good morning; he had been sending me good morning/night text messages, so when I woke up in the morning, I'll see it, and before I go to bed I'll get a good night text from him.

I smiled at the screen and sent a picture of Shay asleep next to me. I set my phone down, and Shay stayed asleep. I walked out of my bedroom and to the living room. It has been a week since Jack left, and his scent has faded; even the clothes he left behind haven't smelled the same.

All I have now are the pictures or videos I took on my phone. I always put on a record that reminds me of him, mostly Elvis Presley, since Jack would always sing can't help falling in love. I looked through my records and put on the death of the phone call by whatever dad; the whole song is sung in French, but I could be wrong.

I ordered some breakfast and checked social media; it was nothing new; I set my phone down and sighed. The apartment has been so dull I will probably work some more, but at the same time, I haven't been feeling in the mood to write, but I have to. I didn't feel right, and my insides were in knots; my mind was a mess, but my outsides conveyed comfort and calm. Jack has been so busy with the tour that I don't want to burden him; besides, I can fix my problems alone.

"Oh shit," I said as I looked down
at my phone and got a text saying that my breakfast was delivered at 10 minutes. I quickly got to the front door and opened the door; there was the driver and the food bag. "I'm so sorry," I said as she handed the bag,

"no worries, have a good day," she smiled and started to walk away, "thank you, you too," I shut the door and set the food on the counter as Shay came walking out of the bedroom, and I scooped her two cups of food. I ripped the bag open and got everything out; I walked to my fridge until there was a sticky note on it that said, "check your mailbox," I remember that I wrote myself a note to remind myself to check it. "I'll check it after I eat," I muttered and grabbed a drink.

˗ˏˋᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴋɪᴘ࿐ྂ
»»——————¤——————«
I put Shay's leash on, and we walked out of the apartment to get my mail; I turned around, locked my door, and started to walk; it was silence, only there were footsteps behind me; they were loud and heavy. I walked faster, and Shay noticed my movements; she walked closer to my side and kept her head up, unlike before, as she was sniffing the floor.

We made it to the elevators, and I pressed the button; I hoped that the person wasn't a threat. The doors opened, and I quickly walked in; I leaned against the wall as Shay glued herself to the side of my leg. I'm happy that I brought Shay with me. The door started to shut, and my anxiety settled down until a hand stopped them, and there stood the tall redhead that I hadn't seen since Las Vegas. Oh fuck I thought to myself as he walked in and pressed the lobby button.

I tried to pay no attention to him and pretended to be on my phone while watching his every move since he was looking straight at me. However, I couldn't take his glare as the elevator started going down. "Take a picture, and I'll last forever," I remarked, and Fred rolled his eyes.

"I wasn't looking at you; I was wondering when did you get a dog," he nodded towards Shay as she was looking at him, not so happy as she could sense my uncomfortableness with the tall man in front of us. "It doesn't concern you," I said and returned to my phone. I was texting Jack as he said he would call me, but I declined since I knew he was probably tired.

"So why are you here at my apartment building? Does your boyfriend live here?"

"I live here, actually, and he told me you've been checking out his social media." I pointed, and Fred's eyes widened; only he returned to his cold face, "yeah, right, like I would be stalking my ex-girlfriend's boyfriend's Instagram-"