ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ

╰┈ NEW YORK, NY
sᴀᴠᴀɴɴᴀʜ's ᴘᴏᴠ
»»——————¤——————«
The guys came out of the sunroom, and their dad talked to them about the Livestream and how it sounded like they had fun. Jack laid down on the sofa and placed his head on my lap. I removed his trapper hat and ran my finger through his hair as Ryan explained the glitch in the live. He was soon interrupted by my phone ringing as it was Reedsy calling.

Jack sat up and saw my screen, "go on, answer it," Gary muted the Tv; I answered it and put it on speaker. My leg was bouncing, and I was biting my lip a little too much as all the worst thoughts came to mind.

"Hello, is this Savannah Columbia?"  A woman asked,

"yes, it is. How may I help you?" I asked,

"oh great; it's me, Olivia; I interviewed you for becoming one of our many writers here." She explained; Jack grabbed my hand and squeezed it,

"oh yes, it's nice to hear from you again," I smiled.

"well, Savannah, me and my team and have looked over your work, and I'm glad to say welcome to the team." My mouth opened and widened as I couldn't believe I was getting it worn by One of the biggest publishing companies in New York. "oh my god, thank you so much," I said, and Jack hugged me.

"Of course, I understand that you are planning to move here, so give me a call when you are fully moved in, and we can see what can be the next step to your future."

I smiled "yes, thank you so much; I will call you as soon as possible." I exclaimed, we said goodbyes, and I hung up the phone. "Oh my god," I cried, and everyone was clapping and smiling at me.

"You finally did it!" Jack cheered and smiled.

"now it's time to look for apartments." I smiled up at him.

"Let's look some up tonight," Jack declared and hugged me again.

"I better call my parents," I muttered and clicked on my dad's contact.

˗ˏˋᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴋɪᴘ࿐ྂ
»»——————¤——————«
Jack, Ryan, and Cat took me out for some famous new york-style pizza; Cat and I sat across from Ryan and Jack, chatting about something. "You think putting those two next to each other is a good idea?" Cat whispered, and I shrugged "what could go wrong," she laughed and patted me on the shoulder "a lot of things," I grinned, and the two of them looked at us weirdly.

"Ok, but what's so special about New York-style pizza?" I asked, and Jack gasped,

"you never had New York pizza; how fuck up are you?" Jack looked at me like I was crazy or something.

"Well, I'm sorry, but I didn't have the money to come to New York until now," I argued.

"Have you ever had Chicago deep dish pizza?" I asked, and he shook his head no; I gasped,

"you never had Chicago deep dish pizza; how fuck up are you!" I exclaimed, which caused Ryan and Cat to laugh, "I never had the time to try your city's pizza," he argued, and I rested my elbows on the table and held my face in my palms "well when we go back, you can try it since I want to order it one last time while I'm there." I declared, and he nodded. "Noted," Jack smiled, and we held eye contact for a couple of minutes until he blinked "ha, I win," I announced, and Jack slipped me a five-dollar bill.

"What the hell just happened?" Cat asked,

"we make up this thing where when we make eye contact, it will instantly turn into a staring contest, and whoever blinks first owns the other a five-dollar bill and does anything the winner wants to do." Jack explained.

I placed the money in my wallet. "Pleasure doing business with you, Mr.Met," I grinned, Jack soon rolled his eyes at me, and the waiter brought our pizza out, "please be careful; it's still hot," they explained and set more napkins down. We said thank you, and Ryan started to run his hands over the pizza and made a weird noise. People would give us strange looks, "please excuse my brother; he was dropped on the head as a baby." Jack explained, and Cat choked on air. "Anyways, when he trying to gain a superpower or some shit," Jack said as he got Cat and me a slice away from Ryan's hands. "I don't know, maybe;" Cat shrugged.

Jack explained something and took a bite of the piping hot pizza, "oh shit," he mumbled and spat it out, "I burnt my tongue," Jack mumbled as he put an ice cube from his drink in his mouth. "Careful, Jack," Ryan let out; Jack looked at him. "Thanks for the advice; I could have used that a couple of minutes ago," Jack remarked.

˗ˏˋᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴋɪᴘ࿐ྂ
»»——————¤——————«
We returned to the house; Jack and I were lying out in the sunchairs with Shay. "Time for a tan," Jack mumbled and threw his shirt on the table. I smiled and looked at my phone until Shay laid her head on my thigh. I was looking at apartments since I wanted one pretty soon. "I found one I like; it is one bed and one bath for $7,250. It's also pet friendly," I handed him my phone, and he looked through the pictures. "Holy crap, it's nice and a reasonable price. You should call them and talk to them about getting a tour," he explained and gave me back my phone; I agreed, and we sat out there for a bit, enjoying the nice weather.