ʀᴀɪɴʏ ᴅᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ

╰┈NEW YORK, NY
sᴀᴠᴀɴɴᴀʜ's ᴘᴏᴠ
»»——————¤——————«
I finally did it; I moved to New York; it had been about a week since I moved, and I was almost done unpacking. I couldn't be happy; Jack had been spending every day with me; I sat with my legs tucked in, head resting on my knees, and back against the headboard of your bed, staring out the window. It was pouring outside.

I check the time. It's half past three. We went to bed late and awoken late as well. Jack left early this morning to go to his apartment to work with Ryan, get some new clothes, and take Shay home. I was about to get ready for the rest of the day; a roaring boom came from outside. I jumped, and my head snapped to look out the window. Of course, it was just thunder, but my heart raced.

I ran to the kitchen to grab a bowl of cereal before returning to the bedroom and wrapping myself in covers. My hand trembles as I spoon myself food, huddling in my blanket. Once I've finished breakfast, I place the dishes on the floor and try to distract myself from the hell that is happening outside. Flashes of crackling lightning and echoing thunder shuddered me to the core. The time passed with me roaming the bedroom, not wanting to leave the only place that gave me a minuscule amount of comfort.

"Savannah?" Jack yells as the front door opens with a click. I make my way out of bed to see a drenched Jack entering the apartment. Just as I was about to reply, another thunderstorm made me jump, and Jack walked into the bedroom to me. "You haven't changed?" Jack asked as I followed him back to the bedroom. Jack wasn't wet, but he was damp from having to be outside for more than he probably wanted.

"No," I reply, collapsing onto the bed, wanting Jack to cuddle with me. "Have you been in bed all day? You're not sick, are you?" Jack moves to lie next to me, placing the back of his palm on my forehead. "I'm not sick. I was-" I wince when a lightning strike brightens up the bedroom, followed by thunder. "just...scared."

"Of the thunderstorm?"

"yes..." I mumbled, covering my face with my hands, my cheeks heating up. Jack takes my hands in his, taking them away from my face. He holds them loosely in his grasp. I avert his gaze, choosing to look at the wall. "And you never told me because?" Jack asks genuinely but can't wipe off his grin. "It's embarrassing," I groan, letting my hands slip out of his grasp, and I fall back on my pillows.

"It's not," Jack falls next to me, brushing loose strands of hair away from my eyes. "I was afraid of thunderstorms too."

"You were?" I ask, eyes wide, scooching closer to Jack as the sound of rain hitting the window bounces around the room. "Yeah, when I was five," Jack grins, wrapping his arms around me. The loudest rumble of thunder growls, and my body contracts in Jack's arms just as it makes. I close my eyes tight as the noise passes, my fingers finding their way to grab the fabric of Jack's shirt.

"It's just a thunderstorm, Savi. It's going to be alright. I'm right here," Jack says gently, stroking my hair as the lightning that follows crackles. "okay," I say as I slowly open my eyes. Jack then gives me a soft kiss before thumbing my cheek.

˗ˏˋᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴋɪᴘ࿐ྂ
»»——————¤——————«
I woke up to the rain pouring down, but there was no more thunder or lightning; I sat and stretched until I realized that Jack wasn't next to me like he was before I fell asleep. I got up from the bed and walked out of the bedroom. I walked in, and Jack was in a tank top and sweatpants, cooking something. "What are you doing?" I asked, and Jack turned around to look at me, "I'm making you something to eat since you always do for me." He grinned, and I jumped up on the counter.

"How long have I been asleep?"

"About an hour or two," Jack mumbled and cracked an egg in the frying pan; I nodded. Then, finally, he turned around to throw something. I bent down some and slapped Jack's ass as he walked passed me "fuck you," he snapped and closed the trash can lid. "Payback," I laughed, and he rolled his eyes, returning to the stove.

"I'm thinking about getting my apartment," Jack exclaimed; I looked up from my phone and gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?" I asked, and he turned off the stove. He placed two eggs on a plate with a piece of toast and handed the plate to me. "I'm about to turn 25 soon; I feel like I need to live independently," Jack confessed as he got me a glass of juice.

"Of course, but you and Ryan have lived together since you both moved out. What does Ryan think of this?"

"He's okay with it, but we don't know who keeps Shay, but in the end, I feel it will be me who keeps Shay." He explained, and I nodded; he stood at the counter and ate his food; "you think I can live on my own?" He asked, and I looked at him. "I'm sure you can; you can clean an apartment, cook, and do your laundry, but no one will remind you to shower." I confessed, and he laughed at the end, "write me a sticky note to put on the fridge."

I smiled and placed my plate in the sink, "I'll do the dishes since you cooked." I told him, and Jack pulled me away from the sink. "You only have to worry about putting some music on that record player." he pointed to the record player that sat on the floor next to a crate of records. I sighed, walked over to it, and looked through them as he did the dishes. I placed a random record and played it. I sat down on the couch and watched as Jack was cleaned up.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" I asked as he put a cup away.

"no, relax, I'm almost finished." he grinned and wiped his hands off a pale yellow dish towel. I sighed, and he finished cleaning up. I sat there then it hit me; Jack will be away from me for about three months. Again, I sighed, and he looked up at me "what's wrong?" he asked and came over to me. "Just remembered that you are across seas soon; his eyes saddened at the thought, "don't worry, I call you every night, and we can talk as long as you want." he lightly grinned.

"Yeah, but it is not going to be the same without you; I mean, who going to be there when I need someone to hold me at night? Who is going to sing me songs? Who is going to comfort me after a stressful day?" I asked, and Jack laid between my legs, "don't worry, love, I'll be back before you know it," Jack smiled and rested his chin on my stomach. I ran my fingers through his hair. "Let's just enjoy the time we have together." He mumbled and closed his eyes.

˗ˏˋᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴋɪᴘ࿐ྂ
»»——————¤——————«
I woke on the couch and looked up to Jack doing something again, "good; you're up; I picked us up some chipotle and went to McDonald's and got us ice cream." he explained and brought over two chipotle bowls. He handed me mine and smiled. "The sexist thing you can do is remember my chipotle order." I joked and leaned my head on his shoulder. "I take that as a compliment," we continue to eat and watch the office on the TV.