ʟᴏᴠᴇ sᴏɴɢ

╰┈NEW YORK, NY
sᴀᴠᴀɴɴᴀʜ's ᴘᴏᴠ
»»——————¤——————«
Jack left early this morning to hang out with his brothers and some friends; as for me, I had worked all day and finally got a shower and decided to watch a movie for the night. I wasn't sure if Jack would return or stay in his apartment tonight. Hopefully, one of the two; The constant vibration of my phone ringing pulls me from my thoughts. A smile breaks out on my face when I catch sight of the contact's name and picture, bringing my phone to life. "Hi."

"Hello, my love," the voice on the other end. There's a fluttering in my stomach at the gruffness, and I feel bad for having that swooping excitement when I know he's tired. Instead, I smiled, "is everything okay?"

"I was just wondering what you were up to?"

I clutch the phone tighter to my ear and sink deeper into the couch. "you could say I'm watching a movie. But, before you ask, I couldn't tell you what I've been watching." A laugh rings out through the phone, and I let out another sigh, this content as it settles something within me."Yeah, you tend to do that." I hum, picking at a loose thread on the blanket covering my legs, "What are you doing?"

"I'm just working with Ryan."

"Yeah? When are you going to be home?" There's a noise that sounds like it was sucked through his teeth. "About that..." he trails off. "Jack.." I whine dramatically, close to something a child would do. "I miss you, and I'm so bored."

"You love me, right?" Jack questions, sounding close to laughing after ignoring my whiny complaints. By this point in our relationship, he's used to how needy I can get, and he honestly finds it amusing. Because he knows he doesn't neglect me for very long; usually, it's only a few hours a day.

But I'll miss him regardless, and help can't complain because he ends up the same way if I'm too busy for a few hours to give him my attention. The affronted noise that leaves me at his question breaks a laugh out of Jack, and my offense to the question lessens. "I've been dating you for three or four months, Jack."

"Yes, Savi, I know; I have been through it all." Jack giggles, and my heart continues to swell at the sound. "But, like, I meant more of like a right now situation and not overall. I know you love me, but do you love me enough to leave the house and come to the apartment to listen to something?" I squint my eyes even though he can't see me, and even though I can't see him, I can see the hard stare set in his eyes as they bore into mine and the seriousness on his face. I whisper an okay just before he continues, "it's just Ryan and me." A frown pulls at my lips.

"Then why aren't you coming home?"

Jack laughed, "We recorded this song today, one that we won't ever release."

"Why record it then?" you question when Jack pauses.

"I want you to hear it."

I let out a thoughtful hum and tilted my head back to rest on the couch's cushion, "Did you record it with me in mind?"

"Always." I can hear the smile on his face, and I can't help but smile at him even though I've decided to give him a hard time, "You can't just play it over the phone?" Finally, it's Jack's turn to make an affronted noise, "I thought you knew me better than that." I laughed.

"You need the full immersive experience. I can't believe you'd suggest over the phone." he scoffs; I continued to laugh for a few moments, the noise he made triggering a laugh attack that I couldn't stop. Jack laughs, too, "But it's so late, and I've already showered," I continue to complain through my laughs. "Will you stop fucking with me, please?" There's an underlying tone of irritation in his voice, and I calm down enough to only a few giggles; I adore him so much.