ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ

╰┈ NEW YORK, NY
୨⎯ᴊᴀᴄᴋ's ᴘᴏᴠ ⎯୧
»»——————¤——————«
It was early in the morning, and I was sitting on the couch next to Ryan with a microphone in my hand that was hooked up to his laptop; I wore earbuds to listen to the melody; Ryan also wore a pair of headphones, looking at his computer, watching the pitch of the vocals going up and down, Adam was sitting in the chair next to us, playing on his phone.

Shay was lying down on the floor in the sun. Savannah was probably still asleep, and dad was in the living room watching Tv. "Jack, we need to redo that part," Ryan confessed, taking his headphones off and showing me as some parts had a to a low a pitch as we needed, "fine, at least let me get something to drink," I told as I stood up from my spot on the couch.

I walked out of the living room, and dad smiled at me "having fun?" He asked as he flicked through channels. "So much," I cheered sarcastically, he laughed, and I walked into the kitchen to see Savannah up and making something. She was on her tip-toes, trying to reach the flour on the highest shelf.

୨⎯sᴀᴠᴀɴɴᴀʜ's ᴘᴏᴠ ⎯୧
»»——————¤——————«
"Jack, babe?" I called out on my tip-toes, trying to reach the flour on the highest shelf. Almost instantly, I felt a presence towering just behind me. I dropped to my heels, tilting my head to face my tall boyfriend. He kissed the top of my forehead and grabbed the flour simultaneously. I turned to wrap my arms around his waist and bury my head into his chest.

"Thank you." I burrowed my head further into his sweater. "No problem," he smiled, wrapping his arms around me. I leaned back, pursing my lips; I pushed myself off him and measured out three cups of flour for cookies. I dropped the measuring cup into the sink.

I looked at him as he pouted at me; I smiled at him and opened my arms, inviting him for a hug. he happily obliged and quickly picked me up from around the waist; he smiled widely at you. "what had you thinking to wear my favorite sweater, hmm?" He asked, looking down at his favorite red sweatshirt I stole from his suitcase.

"Because I'm your favorite girl." he hummed in agreement. "that you are." before he could do or say anything else, I poked his nose with my own. "don't think I don't know that you're wearing my favorite sweater, Jack Met." I pointed at the sweater that was his size; he brought it for me to stop stealing his. he looked away bashfully. "it smells like you."

"Gosh, I love you," I whispered, finger tracing down the side of his face. "not as much as I love you, I bet." he gently put me down, one hand moving inside my sweater to rest against my bare hip, the other tilting my chin up. He leaned down as I stood on my tip-toes once more to better reach his lips, my arms wrapping around his neck.

"I will admit that something possessed me when I first saw you in my clothes," he breathed, eyes looking over every detail of my face. Before I followed his lead, I regarded the love of my life with wide eyes, watching as the sunlight from the open window hit him just right, framing him in an almost ethereal glow. as our lips were about to touch, I closed my eyes when a loud bang bounced throughout the kitchen.

Mine and Jack's eyes snapped open simultaneously and, keeping the same position, glared over to where Ryan was back to leaning against the counter; he teasingly tipped an invisible cap at us, winking.

"Mom! Jack and his girlfriend are doing the dirty in the kitchen!" Ryan grinned widely, picking up his warm tea. He whistled a tune as he walked out of the kitchen of his own accord; Jack looked back at me, "you're going to have to break me out of prison once I murder that bastard." I clicked my tongue, playing with his hair at the nape of his neck.

"afraid I won't be able to." he raised an eyebrow,

"cause I'll be right there in the cell next to you for being an accessory to the same murder."

He smiled widely, pecking me on the lips before stepping away, moving to take the spot where Ryan previously was. I frowned at the distance. he gestured at the bowl of flour behind me. "go on, those cookies won't make themselves, you know." Jack said fondly.

"I'll be back recording in the sunroom; yell when you need me to reach a high shelf again." I smiled, and he walked out.

"mom?!" Jack questioned, and I came out of the kitchen to see the woman on the couch, she had the Boy's hair color, and Ryan had some of her features. "Yes, Jack, surprise!" She cheered, and they hugged. I stood in the doorway; I wasn't expecting to meet his mom this early morning.

I looked like a mess; I had pimple patches over my face, and my hair was messy. Also, I'm wearing her son's sweatshirt, which makes it looks like I have no pants. Jack looked at me, and I made a come here motion to him, and he followed me to the kitchen "what's wrong?" He asked, looking at me, and I sighed, leaning against the counter.

"I can't meet your mom looking like this," I confessed,

"what, why?" He asked, and I shook my head

"Because I look horrible, and I don't think she wants to meet me looking like this," I explained.

Jack hugged me, "she is staying for two days. So there's no way for you to avoid her not looking like a mess."

"I know; it just can't let her see me like this; it would be the worst first impression," I argued,

"ok, you run upstairs, and I make an excuse to distract her," Jack mumbled, and I nodded, we walked back, and I ran upstairs.

୨⎯ᴊᴀᴄᴋ's ᴘᴏᴠ ⎯୧
»»——————¤——————«
"What's wrong with her?" Mom asked; I looked at her and sat down.

"she needs to do something real quick," I lied, looking away from her, not wanting to make eye contact. mom nodded; I knew she could see me through my lie but didn't say anything. "Does she not feel ok?" Adam asked, and I shook my head; "no, she is getting around; we are going to hang out." I lied again, and everyone nodded or said ok.

Savannah walked downstairs wearing a dark, almost gold, yellow shirt with a flower design; she paired it with a jean skirt. She had the necklace I got her for her birthday, and her hair was down and nicely brushed. "So you must be the girlfriend?" Mom announced as Savannah came by my side. "Mom," I groaned and threw my head back.

"What? I want to know who can deal with my son," she joked,

"he's not that bad," Savannah smiled.

"So please tell me about yourself," Mom asked, and Savannah sucked in a breath. She started to talk to mom, and Adam shook my shoulder and bent down in my ear. "Mom going to love Savannah," he whispered; I nodded as he and Ryan went to work on some parts of the song. "So, how did you two meet?" She asked, and we both froze up. "Your turn to explain our relationship to her," Savannah remarked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, we met at the concert I did in Chicago. She had the VIP add-on; we talked, and I felt like we clicked. Soon I got her backstage and asked her to come on tour with us, and she agreed, which leads us to now."

Mom nodded and leaned back on the couch, "you're telling me that you fell in love with one of your fans?" Mom questioned. I panicked. What if she doesn't like Savannah since she a fan, or she is mad at me for bringing her on tour, "yes, mom, I fell in love with one of my fans." I mumbled, and she sighed. "I wasn't expecting a fan of yours to be your girlfriend."

It was an awkward silence between us, "I'm going to take care of that flour," Savannah broke the tension and stood up from the arm of my chair where she sat. Before she could walk too far, I grabbed her hand and kissed it gently, which caused her to smile before I dropped her hand, and she walked off, leaving me alone to get questioned.