ʜᴏɴᴇʏᴍᴏᴏɴ

⚠︎︎ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴs ɴᴜᴅɪᴛʏ, ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴄʏ⚠︎︎

╰┈FRYEBURG, ME
sᴀᴠᴀɴɴᴀʜ's ᴘᴏᴠ
»»——————¤——————«
Soft winds swirled their way into the open windows and the master bedroom of a cabin in the middle of nowhere in the woods. The wind smelt of dew and honeysuckle as it wafted over my nose, my eyes open, adjusting to the sunlight that streamed in-white curtains as I woke. I stretch and rub the sleep from my eyes.

I look next to me and find Jack with his arm draped over my waist. My eyes land on his hand, and I stop at his ring finger. A silver band on it that wasn't on there before. Our first full day as a married couple has begun.

"Lay back down, please," Jack grumbles into his pillow as he urges me to come back down to lay with him. "It's so early." I sigh and hurry back down to where Jack is lying peacefully.

As I lift my hand to comb through his curly messy hair, I realize we had a matching wedding band. I could get used to this. "It's ten o'clock, darling," I brush his hair with my fingers as Jack hums. "Don't you want to start the day? Now that we are officially Mr. and Mrs. Metzger,"

Jack rolls over; As he looks up, his breath is taken away. I hovered above him; the sunlight adorned my face, a soft smile playing on my lips as I looked down at my new husband. The morning after our wedding, the two of us, in peace, alone. Reaching up to brush the hair from your eyes, Jack smiled and thought for a moment. "That has such a nice ring," Jack beams as I giggle.

"Savannah Metzger," he recites.

"Savannah Metzger," he repeats, laying on his back now, facing the ceiling, his bare-toned chest rising and falling with each repetition of my new and improved name. "Savannah Metzger. I love it," he coos as I place a sweet kiss on his lips. "Come on then, let's get up," I speak as I swing my legs over the side of the bed before he grabs them with one of his arms, pulling me further into the bed. "Not so fast," he stops me, dragging me closer to him.

"The whole point of a honeymoon is that we aren't obligated to do anything," he kisses my temple as I giggle in his arms. "We can lay here all, day-just the two of us, enjoying the quiet. God knows when the honeymoon is over, we both have lots to do," Jack groans, just thinking about the amount of work he's going to have to do when we get back to New York.

the album is getting made, making new songs, he traced various patterns on to my exposed skin, sneaking kisses now and then. With a smile, I cuddle into Jack's arms, obeying his wishes. "Then that's what we'll do," I tell him, pressing a kiss to his jaw before he captures my lips in a kiss. "Just me and you."

Jack smiles, content with me laying on his bare chest, legs tangled up in each other, him pulling me impossibly closer to his chest. It was something out of a dream. Finally, being able to call him my forever and ever and even after that.

"Perfect," Jack sighed, pressing a kiss to my hairline. The sweet morning sounds echoed in the small cabin as we lay in bed. Birds were chirping, trees rustling in the wind, Jack softly breathing beneath me. It seemed like this was a scene from a movie. Everything is so still and quiet, as if this moment was crafted for the two of us. It was as if we were meant to be here, right now, together like this.

I look at Jack, stroking my forefinger on his jaw as he peeks down at me. "Yesterday was perfect, wasn't it?" I ask with a smile as I prop myself on my elbow to look better at my handsome husband. He looked unreal right now, brown hair sloppily tousled, swollen pink lips, big brown eyes dosed with fatigue. Jack was an angel on Earth.