ᴅᴀᴅ's ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ

╰┈ NEW YORK, NY
sᴀᴠᴀɴɴᴀʜ's ᴘᴏᴠ
»»——————¤——————«
We pulled up in front of a pale yellow house with flowers planted in the front flower beds, and Adam's car was already in the driveway. Jack, Ryan, and I got out of the vehicle; Ryan and Jack grabbed our bags as I grabbed Shay's leash. We walked towards the front door; Jack opened it.

I walked in with the large Bouvier, and the two of them walked in behind me; the room's walls were a light green, and it had a vintage vibe to it; it was roomy and comfortable to live in, "dad! Adam! We're here," Ryan shouted, and a tall, white hair and beard man came walking into the room; it was their dad, Gary.

The brothers looked like a spitting image of their father; Adam had their father's facial features, Jack looked the most like him and his height, and Ryan also had his facial features like Adam. The three of them had their dad's large noses, but Ryan's was the largest out of the three of them. "You finally made it!" He exclaimed and hugged each of his sons. He turned to me and pulled me in for a hug "it's nice to see you again, Savannah," he smiled and let go of me "it's nice to see you too, Gary," my anxiety settled down. I always was scared of meeting people's parents; they would hate me and a way to find ways to make me the wrong person. Maybe if I didn't mess up this week, Gary wouldn't hate me.

He petted shay and laughed "are you boys sure she didn't gain weight?" he asked, and Ryan shrugged,

"she is getting a haircut soon." Jack pointed out.

Gary nodded, "well, head upstairs to your bedrooms, then meet us in the backyard." He explained, and Jack grabbed my hand, and we walked up creaky stairs until we made it to an old door with Jack's name.

He opened it, and we walked into his childhood bedroom. "This is it; this is where I partly grew up," Jack exclaimed, pulling me to his side. "the walls are thin, so thin that Ryan can hear our whole conversation." He added and pointed to the wall with a dresser and desk with a chair against it.

"Oh ya," I cheered sarcastically; he chuckled and grabbed my hand, "let's head back downstairs." we walked down the creaky stairs that Jack explained it was impossible to sneak out at night. We soon made it to the living room again and walked through the kitchen until we reached the backdoor to Gary and Adam, sitting down as Ryan played fetch with Shay in the yard.

"Ryan, don't throw the ball near that pool; remember last time!" Gary scolded as Ryan threw the ball near the pool, "I know, dad," he replied, and Shay dropped the ball at his feet. Jack and I took a seat at the small table that was set up on the porch.

The yard was spacious and had an inground pool. "I've seen the videos about your tour, and I'm so proud of you, boys," Gary said, and they all smiled,

"We try hard, dad, we try," Ryan explained and threw the ball for Shay.

"I know you boys do; I mean, for the unreleased song, fans knew the lyrics." Gary smiled. They continued the conversation, me and Ryan switched positions so he sat in my seat to talk to his dad as I played with the dog. "You guys will still set up your recording stuff in the sunroom?" Gary asked, and they nodded, "yeah, If you're ok with it." Adam clarified,

"I have no problems with it; I just want to know so when I wake up at 3 in the morning to a piano playing, I don't think we have piano playing ghost." Gary joked, and they laughed.

"Don't worry, dad, no ghosts play piano in the house, or Ry has some competition." Jack teased his older brother.

˗ˏˋᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴋɪᴘ࿐ྂ
»»——————¤——————«
Later that night, we all were in the living room talking and laughing. Jack and I were sitting in a chair together, Gary and Ryan sat on the sofa, and Adam was on the other chair. Shay was lying down chewing on a toy we brought from the apartment. "I made some passionfruit mousse since you don't eat ice cream, Jack," Gary told us, and Ryan stood up, "I'll go scoop some for us; Sav wants to come to help me." He asked, and I nodded.

I stood up and walked to the kitchen, "we're going to prank Jack?" He whispered, and I smiled "hell yeah," I got a couple of bowls down, and Ryan came over to me and set the mousse down and a container of cold mashed potatoes. "We were going to dye the mash potatoes the color of the mousse and give it to him," Ryan explained and opened the containers. "You scoop the mousse, and I will dye the mash potatoes," I whispered; he nodded and got the food dye and a spoon, he started to scoop, and I started to mix red and yellow together; I used one of the bowls of mousse to color match them.

"Ok, I scoop it in his bowl," I whispered,

Ryan smiled "you can't even tell the difference,"

"I'll carry mine and Adam's, and you carry you two guys' bowls," Ryan explained and picked up two bowls as I picked my bowl and the bowl of orange mashed potatoes. We started to walk out, and Ryan handed the bowl to Adam and went back to the doorway to hide his laughter, and I handed Jack his bowl of "mousse" and sat down next to Gary.

He brought the spoon of mashed potatoes up to his mouth; I started to record him as he took a bite in not even two seconds, and he spat it out into the bowl and put it on the coffee table: we all started to laugh.

"Dad, I was about to say this is the one thing I don't want you to make anymore," he laughed and looked around with disappointment before turning to Ryan; Adam was laughing the hardest. I stood up and returned to my original spot so Ryan could sit down.

"I thought. You loved mashed potatoes." I teased him; Jack looked at me and took a bite of my mousse.

"I do, but I wasn't expecting that; I'm just shocked at how they look similar," he gagged.

"I'll scoop myself some more, and you have mine," I offered and handed him my bowl.

"no, you keep it. I don't want any." He mumbled and gave it back, I looked at him, and he continued to talk to his dad. Finally, we finished eating, and Adam took care of everyone's bowls.

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*
The end of the chapter is a video of Jack getting pranked; you can find it on AJR's TikTok; it's not that hard to find; you have to scroll for a bit.