ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

╰┈NEW YORK, NY
sᴀᴠᴀɴɴᴀʜ's ᴘᴏᴠ
˗ˏˋᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ࿐ྂ
»»——————¤——————«
It has been months since Jack sent me that package, and the OK orchestra era has ended; the band has been spending some time on vacation; as for me, I have been spending my time; working, hanging out with Cat and Emily, taking Shay to the dog park, and getting back into my routine.

Yes, my days have been boring without the band around, but Jack has called me every night, telling me about his plans for the day since when it is a night here in New York, it is a day over where they at. I talked to Jack last night, and he told me that they were going zip-lining for the first time; I'm happy that Jack is exploring the world, and I said to him that only he told me that he wanted me to be there with him.

Moon was shining brightly in the stary night as the buildings of New York shined with lights from the inside; I was in the comfort of my apartment sitting on my couch, flicking through my TV as Shay was chewing on one of her toys. I had been waiting for the text from Jack; sometimes, it would be early or late; still, I had a hard time sleeping, so I would be awake by the time he sent it.

My phone dinged as it was Jack who texted me; I picked up my phone and opened the message as it was an audio recording with a text underneath that said, "listen to this and tell me what you think of it." I opened the recording, and it sounded sad until the beat dropped, and it was more upbeat as it had an orchestra playing in the background. It was amazing, as it sounded like a rollercoaster of emotions. As it ended, I started to text back. "That's fucking insane."

˗ˏˋᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ࿐ྂ
»»——————¤——————«
I was reading a book as the record player played some old vintage music; Shay lay around like she usually does during the evening. There was a knock on the door, and Shay started to bark. "Shay!" I shouted as I rushed to the front door to calm the Bouvier.

I pushed her back so she wouldn't jump on the person behind the door. I opened the door to my handsome boy standing there with his suitcase beside him, looking happy and tired. I leaped into Jack's arms: his warm laughter brushes against my ears, and his strong arms wrap around my waist. I lean back to look at him, and he presses a series of kisses. I grinned against his lips and brought my fingers to his soft hair.

We pull away to catch our breath, and Jack pulls me in for a fierce embrace. His rough and nimble fingers slide down my back and sneak up the hem of my tank top. Jack brushes at the skin at the small of my back, and his warm breath mingles with mine.

"I missed you so much," he muttered, and I smiled,

"I can't believe you're finally home." Jack let go of me, grabbed his suitcase, and walked into the apartment; I shut the door, and he breathed in and held it until he breathed out.

Shay jumped on him, and her whole body was shaking in excitement. "Hi, Shaybear!" Jack exclaimed as he went down to her eye level as petted her behind her floppy ears; he smiled at me lightly and sighed; "it's nice to be home" I looked at him and hugged his side as he put his arm around me.

Jack looked down at me and then had a mischievous grin; in a blink of an eye, Jack threw me over his shoulder. My laugh fills the otherwise empty apartment, and Jack races down the narrow hallway to my bedroom with Shay behind. We entered the room, and Jack kicked the door closed and nearly threw me on the bed; Shay jumped on the bed.

"I don't know if I should be concerned at how easy it is for you to manhandle me," I stated as Jack kicked off his shoes and crawled up my body. He nosed at my throat, As I held him close. His thighs settle between my legs, and he gently hooks my legs around his waist, bringing me closer to him. Jack's hot breath runs down my neck, making me shiver. "You say that like it's a bad thing," he chuckled; the sound of our breathing fills my bedroom. "You haven't complained before. Are you complaining now?"

"No," I shook my head as my fingers thread through his hair; Jack hums. "You've only ever been good to me, Jack. You know that."

"I sure hope so; we've been together for months. I think it'd be alarming if I didn't know, don't you think?" He whispered against my skin, causing me to nod. "We should have dinner with Emily, Adam, Cat, and Ryan," I offered; Jack looked up at me and bit his lip, "about that..." he Nervously laughed and played with a piece of my hair. "I think we should stay home because I want to spend some time with you." He explained, and I laughed, "babe, you lived with me before you left," I mumbled, and he shrugged.

"I know, but still, I missed Shay too; I'm sure she missed me," Jack said and moved his head to look at the dog next to us. "Want to hear something I learned a couple of
months ago?" Jack nodded and looked at me. "Turns out my neighbor is my ex, the one we saw on my birthday." I slightly laughed, and Jack groaned, "great, I have to deal with an asshole." I hugged him tightly.