Psi Me To The Moon

Later on, our heroes continued their journey, hiking up the beautiful trail to the mountain several days later after Ash's last gym battle.

Misty: Mount Moon. *sighs happily* Doesn't it just sound romantic?

Brock: People say a huge meteor crashed into the mountain back in prehistoric times.

Ash: A meteor?

Brock: Yeah. They say it's called the "Moon Stone".

Misty: Now that's romantic!

Suddenly, a scream interrupted their discussion and they rushed over to see a horde of small, blue bat-like Pokemon with purple wings and no eyes, attacking a young man in a white lab coat. They were informed to be Zubats from Ash's Pokedex.

Pokedex: Zubat, the Bat Pokemon. A Poison and Flying type. Zubat emits ultrasonic waves from its mouth to check its surroundings. Even though they have no eyes, Zubat hate to fly outside in daylight.

Ash: That guy needs our help! *takes out Pokeball* Psi, Confusion!

Psi is released from the ball, bringing their arms out and hitting the bats with panels of blueish-purple energy.. With cries of anger, the Zubat flew off as the man trembled and looked up at them, Ash holding a hand out to help them up.

Ash: Are you okay?

???: You guys are the greatest!

The man then jumped up and pulled Ash into a huge hug. Ash wriggled, trying to get out of the man's grasp.

Ash: It was nothing... *strained* I can't breathe.....

???: I'm talking super fantastic! Two thumbs up! The best rescue I've ever had!

Annoyed, Green pried him off Ash, moving between his startled and over-hugged trainer and the weirdo.

???: They say man's best friend is their Pokémon, and with you and your team, I believe it!

Ash: Um, that's nice...

???: I'm so moved! Such friendship I thought I'd never see, when the Zubat started attacking me! I thought I was done for, when who should arrive, three heroes thanks to whom I'm alive! I'm ALIVE! Thank you!

A bunch of Pidgey flew off at his shout as the group then started backing up.

Cobalt: Ookay... Ash, this guy is Nanab berries.

Green: You're just realizing that now?

Misty: He certainly doesn't look like the poetic type.

Ash: *whispers to Brock* Should we start running now?

Brock: I probably would.

Cobalt: Relax guys, I'm reading him now. He's harmless. Eccentric, but harmless.

???: Did I mention how grateful I am?

Psi: Only about 11 times in the most disturbing way possible.

Ash: Yeah...... Why were the Zubat attacking you, Mister?

???: Never call me Mister! My name's Seymour! Seymour the scientist! As for why I'm here... Come in here and take a look

The scientist led them into the caves, with Green continuing to act as a barrier between Seymour and Ash. On the walls, the group noticed that electric lights are seen hanging up on the cave walls.

Seymour: See, the cave is all lit up inside! Somebody has strung these lights through the whole cave. But the Pokémon in this cave need the dark! These lights are upsetting them and making them confused!