Tentacruel And Unsual Punishment

Brock: *sighs* I can't believe we missed the boat.

The gang had gotten up late that morning due to an alarm clock that had neglected to go off and got to the dock just in time to see the ferry to the mainland pull away, causing the gang to collapse on the dock.

Misty: And now we have to wait three hours for the next one.

Ash sat down with Cobalt and Green next to him, Azula was in his lap as he smiled and petted the Sobble. Aidan didn't like being so close to the water, so he asked to be returned to his Poké Ball. Trying to pass the time, Ash picked up his Pokédex and typed in "Moves a Grovyle can learn." He looked at the list that came up.

Ash: Wow, Green, this says you can learn Aerial Ace.

Green: That would be good if we run into any Fighting types. Though I'm pretty sure it'd be weaker since I'm not a Flying type. Does the Pokédex say how to learn it?

Ash: Let me see.

He typed in "how to teach a Grass type Aerial Ace" and came up with a list of step-by-step instructions. His respect for the Pokédex was definitely growing.

Ash: Yes, it does.

Cobalt: Hey, that's pretty cool. Are there any good moves I can learn?

Ash: Let me check.

Ash typed it in, showing a list of moves a Lucario could learn.

Ash: Oh, cool! You can learn Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, and Ice Punch! I think the gym after Sabrina's is Grass Type, so if I teach you Fire Punch or Ice Punch, you could fight in it.

Cobalt: That would be great!

As Ash was looking up how to teach him the move, Brock spotted something out in the water.

Brock: Hey, what's that?

Ash put his Pokédex down and looked to where Brock was pointing. He saw a tiny blue seahorse Pokémon approaching them.

Misty: It's a Horsea! How cute!

Pokedex: Horsea, the Dragon Pokemon. A Water type. Since Horsea is unable to attack prey by itself, it instead goes to the surface and shoots down insectoid Pokemon with precise water blasts for it to feast on. Its special fin allows it to swim in every direction; even backwards.

Ash put the Pokedex away, only to notice the Horsea had a black eye.

Ash: Oh no, I think it's hurt!

Misty pulled a Super Potion out of her backpack.

Misty: C'mere, little one, let me fix that up for you.

The Horsea came up to them and Misty reached down and gently pulled it out of the water and sprayed the Super Potion on its wounds. The black eye began to fade away.

Horsea: Nice lady, you and your friends have to leave here! You're in danger!..... Oh, right, you can't understand me!

He jumped off Misty's lap and shot some ink into the water in what looked like the shape of two jellyfish.

Cobalt: Hey, those ink spouts kinda look like Tentacool and Tentacruel...

Curious, Ash typed in both names of the Pokemon, gaining the necessary data.

Pokedex: Tentacool, the Jellyfish Pokemon. A Water and Poison type. Tentacool fire beams from the glassy, magenta orbs that resemble eyes atop their heads. They drift in shallow seas and often careless swimmers find themselves hospitalized due to their toxic stings.