Crisis At The Corral

After filling Brock in on the last fre days and the group returning to the Ketchum residence, Brock and Misty had stepped in to help Ash with his training for the incoming Pokemon League. Harold had become a real help with defensive training due to his armored body and Loki had helped with having Ash's members keep their awareness up.

Ash: Alright, everyone, I think that's good! Take 15!

Nodding, the Pokemon scattered across the yard, some relaxing along the grass while other like Yami decided to head inside the house. Though Cobalt and Green stuck close to Ash as he, Misty, and Brock treated themselves to a small lunch while Brock had given everyone a serving of his famous Poke Chow.

Green: *while eating* Ah man~, I forgot how much I missed Brock's recipe!

Cobalt: Same here!

Misty: Seems like your team has really been kicking it into overgear, Ash.

Ash: Yeah. Thanks for the extra help, guys, we really appreciate it.

Brock: Anytime.

Misty: So, your mom really tried to take over your gym?

Brock: Yeah, she just decided to barge in and make it a Water-type gym, even though Kanto already has one! I was about to call the League about it when I decided that a battle was the only way to make her listen.

Ash: Wow. So did you use Bulbasaur?

Brock: That would've been the right move, but the only way I could get my point across was to show Rock-types could beat Water-types no problem, so I wnt with Onix.

Misty: woah, and you won?

Brock: Well... I did win, but technically, not with Onix. It's better if I show you guys.

The teen then proceeded to walk out into the yard and throw a Pokeball, opening it to reveal a large serpent of grey orbs lined with spines and a shovel-like head with red eyes and a large jaw. The serpent let out a low roar before looking around, realizing it wasn't in a battle.

Green: Holy- What is that?!

Ash: *scans Pokemon* That's a new one....

Pokedex: Steelix, the Iron Snake Pokémon and the evolved form of Onix. A Steel and Ground type. Strengthened by the pressure and intense heat of living underground, its body has become harder than diamond.

Cobalt: Wait, that can;t be the Onix we know, right?

Steelix: *teasing* Really, you think so? I thought you'd remember using that Counter on me during our first battle so long ago.

Cobalt: *smiles* That's you, alright! Look at you, dude, you evolved! And you're a Steel-type now!

Ash: That's really awesome, Brock! But how did Steelix evolve?

Brock: When I got back to Pewter, my younger brother Forrest gave me a Metal Coat he found as a welcome home gift. So with one quick trade back and an intense battle, Onix evolved.

The others looked in amazement of the large serpent, even Kestrel as Azula handed him a Chow Pellet, this being Kestrel's first time eating solid food. The little youngster took the pellett and chewed, smolong at the taste.

Azula: Did you like it, honey?

Kestrel: Mm-hmm! It's good, Momma.

Azula: *smiles* I'm glad for you.

Aiden: Wow, Kestrel's really gone a long way. It seems like only yesterday I found his egg and now he's managing to talk in full sentences.

The Togepi then leapt out of his mother's hold, wandering over to the Steelix as he spoke to Bulbasaur. Kestrel then tapped Steelix on one of his lower balls to get his attention.