Fossil Fools

After Serena's unfortunate loss at the Olivine City contest in Johto, our heroes are now on a ferry heading towards Galar for Ash's next Frontier Battle. Ash was sparring with Kabu against Gary's Blastoise while Serena was practicing some contest moves while Oliver, the newest addition to the girl's team, looked out at the horizon, only seeing nothing but water as Aiden approached.

Aiden: So, you're this "Oshawott" I've heard about?

Oliver: Huh? Oh, uh... Yeah. I'm Oliver.

Aiden: *nods* I'm Aiden. So.... You're also an abandoned?

Oliver: Uh... *saddened* Yeah. My old trainer, Evelyn.... She doesn't really like me. She only got me because I was the only one left at the lab in Unova. But I lost the contest we entered in and I caused her to lose and after... She just dumped me and called me ugly.

Aiden: Damn, that's horrible. I'm sorry about that. But.... If it's any consolation, you're not alone.

Oliver: Huh?

Aiden: Back when I was a Charmander, I had this jerk of a trainer named Damian. I wasn;t that strong back then and he left me on a rock, promising he'd come back. I nearly died out there, but then... Ash saved me and brought me to the Center. And when I was there, I learned Damian was a real jerk, so I went with Ash. *smiles* And I don;t regret a second of it.

Oliver: Woah....

Aiden: The point is that don;t give up hope. You're gonna be great with Serena as your trainer, like how I am with Ash. You understand?

Oliver: ...I do. Thanks a lot.

Aiden: Don;t mention it.

Loudspeaker: Attention passengers, this is your captain speaking! We will be arriving at the Hulbury port in exactly 2 hours! I repeat, we will be arriving at the Hulbury port in exactly 2 hours!

Gary: Hey, he's right! Look over the horizon!

As the battle tension ceased, the group looked over the efront of the boat to see a rapidly approaching continent, which also seemed to have a stadium incoming. With this information, bth Ash and Gary recalled their bigger Pokemon as they and Serena retreated to their rooms to get their things.

Later on, the ship stops as passengers get off, where Ash, Serena, Gary, Cobalt, and Green reach the port and walk into Hulbury, which seems to be a small wharf town.

Serena: So this is Galar. I have to be honest, this is the first time I've ever heard of this region.

Gary: Hey, Ash. Aren;t Inteleon native to Galar?

Ash: Oh yeah, you're right. We're pretty much in Azula's ancestral home. That's pretty cool.

Cobalt: Hey, look over there!

Ash follows Cobalt's paw as he looks to see something crawling out of the water. The Pokemon seemed to resemble a Slowpoke, however it's skin was a different shade of pink, its tail didn;t curl, and a yellow stripe extended from its back starting from its forehead.

Ash: A Slowpoke!

Gary: Yeah, but... *takes out Pokedex* It looks kinda weird.

Pokedex: Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokémon. A Psychic type. Slowpoke facial expressions are normally spacey, but sometimes, they appear focused. Because they eat Galarica seeds, their tails have a spicy flavor.

Gary: What? That can;t be right.

Serena: Why not?

Ash: Slowpoke are supposed to be Psychic AND WATER types, but this one is pure Psychic.