Hoodlums In A Half-Shell

It was exactly two weeks to the day the gang had left Cerulean City, and it was now the day Brock had been waiting for. The day he would finally know if he had won the Cooking For Pokémon contest or not with his custom Poke Chow recipe. He awoke at 5:30, unable to sleep any longer. Taking his laptop out of his backpack, he logged into his e-mail account. There, among the junk mail, was a letter from the Pokémon Breeders Association. Holding his breath, he opened it, and....

Brock: WOOHOO!

Everyone jolted awake at Brock's shout, the jumpiest one being Cobalt as he leapt 10 feet in the air. Everyone else just gave Brock a funny look.

Ash: What the- OOF!

Ash started before Brock scooped him up, sleeping bag and all, and began twirling him around.

Brock: I did it! I mean, we did it! Thank you, Ash!

Yami: *jokingly* Ah, run for your lives! Brock's finally snapped!

However, Aidan, who was still half asleep, thought he was serious. He was about to fire an Ember at Brock in order to defend his trainer, but thankfully Cobalt stopped him before he could.

Cobalt: He's just kidding, Aidan. *to Yami* Yami, don;t do that to Aidan. He's only been here two days. He's not used to our craziness yet.

Yami: ...Sorry.

Misty smacked Brock with a mallet she had pulled out of nowhere.

Misty: What the hell is the meaning of waking me up and acting like a nut at n5:30 in the morning?!

Unfortunately, this made Brock drop Ash, who probably would have landed on his head had Psi not caught him with their telekinesis.

Misty: Sorry, Ash.

Psi: Where did Misty get the...Never mind, I do not think I wish to know...

Brock: *sheepish* Sorry about that, guys. I just got some really great news though. I won first place in my contest!

Managing to detangle himself from his sleeping bag, Ash looked at Brock, confused, until he remembered the contest Brock had entered while they were in Cerulean City. Misty smiled as well, her anger cooling down.

Ash: That's great, Brock. Congratulations!

Misty: Congratulations, Brock. Just next time, please check contest results at a more reasonable hour of the morning.

Brock: And the best part is.... You each get a third of the prize money!

Ash and Misty blinked at him.

Misty: But... You're the one who did all the work.

Ash: Yeah, neither one of us can cook. We didn't even help you with your Pokémon food.

Brock: Ash, you were the one who gave me the recommendations with the aid of your gift and helped me with my recipes. The recipe I submitted was Cobalt's Pecha Berry mix, it became perfect all thanks to you. And this all happened because you guys invited me to join you. You two made this all possible. So you each get part of the prize.

Misty: Thanks, but you really don't have to do that.

Brock: I know, and that's exactly why I'm doing it.

Everyone decided it was pointless to go back to sleep after that, so Brock got started on breakfast, Ash and Misty helping him. They figured it was a good idea to learn how to cook at least a little so Brock wouldn't have to do it all the time.

—--------------------------------

Later that morning, they continued along Route 24, Ash humming an annoying song, much to the redhead's chagrin.