The Burning Question

Just as they planned, Ash and his friends boarded the ferry, which was packed as it made its way to Cinnibar Island; home to Ash's 7th gym badge and the Fire type gym leader Blaine.

Misty: I'm really excited to get to Cinnibar, I heard it's beautiful.

Green: But not as beautiful as that badge is gonna be in our possession, right Ash?

Ash: Right. That badge is as good as ours.

Suddenly, a familiar voice piped up as a set of footsteps stopped.

???: Ah, I see your Pokemon finally get to use their stones now.

Surprised at the voice, he turned around to see the person talking was Alain, the same teen that gave Ash his Mega Glove. Next to him was Luna, his Gardevoir and a Charmeleon which he assumed was Ira.

Ash: *smiles* Alain!

Green: Man, it's been a hot minute since we've seen you.

Cobalt: Hey, Luna. Ira.

Luna: Hello, Cobalt.

Ira: Yo.

Brock: It's nice seeing you again, Alain.

Alain: Nice to see you guys too.

Misty: Where's Lily?

Alain: She said she needed to head back to the gym to make sure things were swimming smoothly. So, what's going on with you guys?

Azula: We;re actually heading over to Cinnibar to get our 7th badge.

Suddenly, all three looked surprised at the group as they looked down, awkwardly frowning.

Green: What's up?

Alain: Um, guys..... I'm not sure how to tell you all this but...

Ira: Cinnabar Island is a resort. It doesn't have a gym.

Ash: WHAT?! What do you mean it doesn;t have a gym?!

Ira: ...I literally just told you.

Alain: I already have my 8 badges for the Indigo League, so we're simply going to Cinnibar for a well deserved break.

Cobalt: But.... Blaine... The Fire types.....

Luna: Sorry, guys. But on the bright side, you can finally catch a break once we arrive on Cinnibar.

Eventually, the ferry stopped as it allowed the passengers, including our heroes, to get off and take in the sights of Cinnibar Island. The group was bombarded by oise and souvenirs as they took in thesights. Though Ash and his party, especially Green, weren't tat happy of campers.

Green: I can;t believe this! A whole 3 weeks! WASTED!

Ash: I know, Green. I'm upset, too....

Brock: Sorry about this, Ash. It does look nice though, you have to admit. Wonder why this island is the one people go to out of all of the Sevii Islands.

They keep walking before they stumbled upon a man that stepped into their path. Hre had long, blonde hair with a bushy mustache, a green bead necklace around his neck, and a pair of sunglasses over his eyes.

Man: The answer to that question, my friend, is a riddle. What do tourists think is COOL AND HOT at the same time?

Misty: "Cool and hot"?

Green: Obviously, if you lay outside an open fridge in a warm blanket, you're HOT AND COOL, right?

Cobalt: Bro, I'm not exactly sure how to respond to that-