Volcanic Panic

In case you all were wondering, yes. During the part in the last chapter where Jigglypuff put everyone to sleep, Electabuzz was the big spoon.

—----------------------------------------

When we last left off, Ash and his friends had discovered that Cinnibar Island's gym was abandoned by its gym leader, the Fire user Blaine. However, after many tribulations, riddles, and a felony committed by Green later, Ash was now ready to face Blaine in his newly crafted gym within the Cinnibar Volcano as Brock acted as referee.

Brock: The battle between gym leader Blaine and the challenger Ash will now begin! Each trainer shall only use three Pokemon for the battle and furthermore, only the challenger may substitute their Pokemon! Will both sides let out their Pokemon!

Blaine: Alright, let's go, Magmar!

Blaine threw a Pokeball, releasing a lizard-like creature with a duck bill and a fire print on its stomach, along with small flames on its tail and head. Trying to get the advantage, Ash canned Magmar with its Pokedex.

Pokedex: Magmar, the Spitfire Pokemon and the evolved form of Magby. A Fire type. In battle, Magmar blows out intensely hot flames from all over its body to intimidate its opponent. This Pokémon's fiery bursts create heat waves that ignite grass and trees in its surroundings.

Ash: 'Azula would be perfect for this battle, but if Magmar is stronger than it looks, I won;t be able to use her. I need to be cautious about this'..... *throws Pokeball* Yami, I choose you!

The Pokeball opened, releasing the cackling Gengar as he landed on the arena.

Brock: Let the match begin!

Blaine: Alright Magmar, Flamethrower!

Ash: Yami, counter with Shadow Ball!

Both Pokemon released their attacks, causing them both to counteract as Yami wiped his brow.

Yami: Whew... Talk about a hot take.

Green: Boooo! Bad joke, bad fire joke!

Blaine: Magmar, Flare Blitz!

Suddenly, Magmar rocketed forth covered in a flaming aura before crashing into Yami, sending him back. Magmar seemed to smirk before flinching, seemingly getting hurt in the attack.

Ash: 'Recoil damage... That might be an opening!' Yami, use Sludge Bomb!

Yami launched the Sludge Bomb onto Magmar, knocking it back and subsequently poisoning it.

Blaine: Magmar, don;t let him get the better of you! Use Fire Punch!

Ash: Dodge with Phantom Force!

Magmar's fist coated with flames as it prepared to punch Yami, only for him to miss as Yami sunk into the floor as a shadow. Magmar became damaged from the poison as Yami then emerged behind it.

Blaine: Magmar, behind you!

Ash: Use Venoshock!

Blaine: Hurry, Flare Blitz head on!

As Yami sprayed Magmar with the Venoshock, Magmar once again coated itself in flames, hitting the ghost type straight on, kicking up a cloud of dust. As the snoke settled, both Pokemon were seen to be knocked out, with Yami having taken too many hits and Magmar succumbing to Flare Blitz's recoil and the bonus damage from Venoshock.

Brock: Both Yami and Magmar are unable to battle! This match is a draw!

Both trainers returned their Pokemon, Blaine taking out what seemed to be an Ultra Ball.