Villain Village Squabble

The very next day after Ash won his match in Kanto, Serena finally arrived at her destination; a tall building within the delves of the biggest city in Kalos; Lumiose City. She opened the door after taking a breath and walked into the building, revealing a semi tidy room which seemed to be a mix between a lobby and a library.

Serena: Hello?! Is Professor Sycamore around?

???: That's me, I'm over here.

She looked over to the large stairs at the far end of the room to see a tall middle-aged man with messy black hair, gray eyes, and a bit of facial scruff. It was obvious he was the professor as he wore a lab coat and seemed to be going over a few documents.

???: Hey there, I'm Professor Sycamore. I assume you're here because you want to start your journey?

Serena: *nods* Mm-hmm. I'm Serena Garbena from Vaniiville Town, I've come to get my first Pokemon.

Prof. Sycamore: Well then, before we get started, I oughta give you this.

The man then handed her a handful of Pokeballs, along with a small pink rectangular device with a large screen in the middle and what seemed to be a white dial on the side.

(AN: This is technically the ORAS Pokedex design. Sorry, not a big fan of the bulky, square one from XY.)

Prof. Sycamore: This is your Pokedex and a few spares Pokeballs.

Serena: Wow, thank you so much.

She takes both items from the professor, where she's surprised when the Pokedex's screen lights up.

Prof. Sycamore: By pointing your Pokedex at a Pokemon or by typing in its name, you'll get information on said Pokemon. Here...

The man then throws three Pokeballs, which release three separate Pokemon; a brown weasel like creature with a pink nose and a green head adorned with small quills, a little yellow fox with red fur coming out of its ears, and a small blue frog with bubbles going down its back.

Prof. Sycamore: These are the three starter Pokemon available for new trainers in Kalos. Try scanning them with your Pokedex.

Serena nodded as she turned to the weasel-like on first, pointing her Pokedex at it. The screen displayed its picture and then spoke.

Pokedex: Chespin, the Spiny Nut Pokemon. A Grass type. The quills on its head are usually soft. When it flexes them, the points become so hard and sharp that they can pierce rock.

Serena: Amazing... *points at fox* Then, you're next.

Pokedex: Fennekin, the Fox Pokemon. A Fire type. Fennekin expels hot air from its ears that can reach nearly 400 degrees to regulate its body temperature. It snacks usually on twigs.

Serena: Ah, I get it. *points at frog* And that leaves...

Pokedex: Froakie the Bubble Frog Pokemon. A Water type. From its chest and back, Froakie creates bubbles to use as a cushion and soften the blow of an opponent's attack. Beneath its happy-go-lucky air, it keeps a watchful eye on its surroundings.

Prof. Sycamore: And there we go. So, what do you think? Do any of them catch your eye?

Serena: Well... They're all so cute, but... You see, I already had my mind set on which one I wanted when I left.

She then walked overto the Pokemon and knelt down.... Smiling, as he faced Fennekin.

Serena: Fennekin, my name is Serena. Let's be good friends!

Fennekin: *gasps* Yes! Yes, let's do it!

With that out of the way, Serena was given Fennekin's Pokeball by the professor as she bid him farewell, carrying Fennekin all the way as she walked away from the building.