Lost In The Tropics

Just like last time, our heroes had just escaped the watery grave of drowning in the sunken St. Anne. Still on the raft they had used with the now missing Team Rocket, Ash and Green stared at the sky, the Grovyle still despondent due to what happened.

Green: ....Cobalt?

Ash: My Pokemon!

He quickly checked his belt and much to his horror, two of his Poké Balls were missing, the ones that belonged to Psi and Aidan. He was still clinging to Cobalt's empty Poké Ball, and Green's empty ball, Yami's, and the Friend Ball belonging to Azula still rested on his belt. Brock and Misty quickly checked their belts too.

Brock: I'm missing Onix and Bulbasaur!

Misty: Loki's missing, too!

Ash collapsed to his knees, his body trembling. Some of his beloved team, one of them being one who saved his life, were missing! What if they were....? He was so panicked, he was hyperventilating. It almost felt like he was drowning again. Seeing that Ash was about to go into a panic attack, Green wiped his face and genylu hugged him.

Green: Ash, please calm down and take a deep breath. We... We'll find them, I promise.

Frightened brown eyes met Green's piercing golden ones.

Ash: What...What if they were...were flung out to sea?

Misty: Ash, don't talk like that!

Brock was in almost as bad a shape as Ash, his normally calm face full of panic.

Gyarados: They weren't.

Ash looked at the serpent, who frowned sorrowly and empathetically at the boy.

Gyarados: The blue one and some Poké Balls landed on the island. I saw them.

Ash looked up at Gyarados, hope replacing the fear in his eyes.

Ash: You saw them? They're on the island? Are you sure?

Gyarados: Yes, I... Did you just-

Ash: I can understand Pokemon. Long story. I'll explain later. Do you know where they landed?

Gyarados: I saw them hit land on the other side of the island right before we dropped in.

Ash sighed with relief and smiled at Gyarados and thanked her. He translated what Gyarados had said to Brock and Misty, then took out Yami and Azula's Poké Balls and let them out. They both smiled at Ash, then looked around in confusion.

Yami: Where are we? And where are the others?

Ash then told Yami and Azula what had happened, their eyes widened in shock as Ash told the tale.

Ash: And that's when Gyarados said she saw Cobalt and the others land on the other side of the island. We need to find them.

Gyarados: I'll circle the island.

Ash gave a small smile and nodded as the serpent swam off.

Ash: Yami, I need you to search the island and see if you can find them."

Yami: On it.

He flew up in the air and suddenly yelled at the top of his lungs,

Yami: COBALT, PSI, AIDAN, WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?

Everyone covered their ears in pain.

Green: I think I'm deaf now... Yami, Ash said search, not scream!

But he was cut off by Cobalt's voice calling back to them.

—---------------------------------------