Rocking It At The Virbank Contest

On the second day after their encounter with Hunter J, Ash, Cobalt, Green, Serena, and Gary had been going by boat to the far edge of Unova, where Serena's next contest for the Pokemon Contest World Tour is supposed to be held in Virbank City. Needless to say, the girl was much more hype than before for this contest as the boat docked in the harbor close to a sort of grunge looking city.

Serena: Here we are, Virbank City. With this next ribbon, I'll be one step closer to the Grand Festival.

Green: Yep, then we can get our asses out of this insane place and head off to our next Frontier battle.

Cobalt: Oh, come on, it wasn't that bad-

Green: Dude, we LITERALLY just escaped from a Pokemon Hunter. I think I deserve to go overboard a bit.

Ash: I'm glad to see you both excited. Defeating a tough opponent like Tucker has been doing a number on us. Still kinda crazy I can kinda Dynamax wherever though.

Gary: True that. I mean, 3 symbols out of 7, that's pretty good, but right now is Serena's time to shine. *to Serena* What's say you, Serena? Are you feeling pumped for the contest?"

Serena: I sure am. After some more practice with my Pokemon tonight, I'll feel like I can earn that ribbon before my opponents figure out what hit them.

Ash: That's the spirit.

Suddenly, an nfprtuneatley familiar and snooty voice chimed in.

???: Oh, really? Do you think it will be that easy?

Serena turns around to find Evelyn standing behind her with a cocky look on her face. Serena frowns and glares at her rival disapprovingly.

Serena: *annoyed* Hello, Evelyn.

Gary: Where'd you run off to?

Evelyn: Well, after your dumb friend stole my Tynamo-

Serena: The Tynamo he EARNED!

Evelyn: I was hanging out around Unova training my Pokemon. I need to keep my Pokemon in shape for when they earn me my ribbon.

Serena: It's not your ribbon yet.

Evelyn: Well, it's not yours either. But the fact is I am prepared for you and any other competitor in the contest.

Serena: We will see about that.

Evelyn: Oh, I suppose you will.

Serena glares at the girl bitterly as she walks out of sight, where she then takes a deep breath to calm herself down before walking into the Pokemon Center with the boys as Gary walks away to register a room for them.

Ash: You better take it easy, Serena. You know Evelyn's just trying to get under your skin. Trust me, I learned that feeling from Gary.

Serena: I know. I guess I get frustrated easily when I come across someone like her.

Cobalt: That's true, but you gotta understand. The way you're acting is just what Evelyn wants. Just focus on your own performance and try to have fun.

Green: She may be a bitch, but if you just ignore her, it'll be a lot more satisfying tha beating her at her own game.

Serena sighs again before giving the two Pokemon a sincere smile.

Serena: You know what? You both are right. For all I know, I won't even have to face Evelyn during the battling round. I just need to focus on giving the best performance I can.

Green: There you go.

Suddenly, a trainer rushed into the Pokemon Center, cradling a large bird Pokemon with pink plumage on its face as a purple blush illuminated above its beak, which Serena scanned.