Let The Flames Begin

After taking a safe passage through the Johto region after Ash's first Frontier battle, Ash, Serena, Gary, Cobalt, and Green make their way to Olivine City, where the group hopes to hop onto a ferry and head to the Galar region. The group smiles happily as they finally enter the borders of the city with Serena stretching as they walk.

Serena: It feels so good to be back in a town. Nothing beats making it to a nice, beautiful town or city after traveling through a forest, or desert or mountains."

Ash: You can say that again,

Gary: And we've arrived a day earlier than expected, so you have more than enough time to register for the Pokemon contest and practice before We need to get ferry tickets, Serena.

Serena nods in agreement and was honestly really excited. During their travel to Olivine, Serena had been watching old contest recording with Kyuni and Lucky, her new Murkrow. Te contests mostly revolved around a round where you show off a combination of moves to "wow" the crowd, along with the second and final "Battle Round", which basically was what it sounded like.

The girl fantasized about her win in the Contest and even the Grand Festival, but... Her mind wandered to her mother. She had wanted Serena to continue her legacy of Rhyhorn Racing and she hasn't kept up the training. Dont get it wrong, she HATES Rhyhorn Racing, but disappointing her mother... She hated that even worse.

Serena was pulled out of her thoughts when she noticed Ash has stopped walking ahead. She and Gary turn their heads to see that they have reached a giant stadium. The building looked clean and shiny as if it has never been used, and several trainers are entering and exiting the stadium.

Ash: Looks like this is the place to register for your contest pass and to participate in the contest here in Olivine City.

Cobalt: And apparently, the rest of the world while we're at it.

Gary: By the looks of things, this building was recently made just so that they can hold contests here.

Serena: Right. Then let's waste no time. I should get my pass so that I won't have to worry about it later.

As they walk inside and join the line as it starts to move. They continue to wait for ten minutes with the group getting closer and closer to the front desk, making Serena more eager to get her pass. Finally, the person in front of them gets his card, and they approach the front desk where a woman with glasses greets them with a warm smile.

Woman: Good afternoon, how may I help you?

Serena: I would like to register for a pass for the Pokemon Contest World Tour, please.

Woman: I'm sorry, but you'll need the endorsement of an official to-

The woman then gasped as Garu stepped forth, showing her his ID.

Gary: It wouldn't be a problem getting my friend registered, would it, ma'am?

Woman: O-O-Of course not, Mr Oak. *to Serena* Place your Pokedex in the slot in front of you.

Serena happily complies, and an image of her appears on the screen next to the slot. The woman checks Serena's information, and smiles before pressing a button and a golden pass card emerges from the machine next to her computer.

Woman: Alright, Ms Garbena, you are registered to compete in all contests participating in the World Tour, and you're signed up to compete in today's contest. Good luck.

Serena: Great. Thank you,

Serena then takes her Pokedex and pass card and puts them back in her backpack. She then turns to Ash, Gary, Cobalt, and Green as they notice her approaching and smilng.