The Little Drummer Ape

After taking the Sky Taxi to Hammerlocke, Ash and his friends decided to simply check in at the Pokemon Center and sleep in, since the battle with Greta was very... Strenuous to say the least. Gary, being the first to wake as usual due to a new sort of researcher lifestyle, was groggily getting up, reaching for his Pokedex.

Gary: *groans* Alright, Arceus.... Do your worst this morning, I need to get this new Pokemon info to Gramps- Huh?

Suddenly, it just occurred to the boy that something seemed to be gripping his arm. Looking down, he saw some kind of Pokemon he didn;t recognize latched onto his arm. Now seeing that this wasn;t a natural occurrence for him and the fact he was trying to be more mature, he did the one thing one would do in this situation...

He screamed.

The scream being enough to wake Ash out of his bed as Cobalt, Azula, and Kestrel jolted out of bed and Green yelled as he fell from the other top bunk. From his bunk, Ash got up and climbed the ladder to Gary.

Ash: Gary, what's wrong?!

Gary: You're asking me?! I just woke up and I found this thing on my arm!

He then showed the Pokemon to Ash, the two of them seeing it more clearly in the light. It appeared to be a small, monkey-like Pokémon with a green body, a brown tail, brown wedge-shaped ears, and orange hands, feet, and snout. A lime green mask pattern frames its eyes, and extends towards its forehead in a small bump above its snout. It also had two leaves on its head that held a small stick.

Cobalt: What is that?

Ash: I'm not sure. Gary, do you...?

Gary: *facepalms* Duh, Pokedex. *scans Pokemon* Now, let's see who you are.

Pokedex: Grookey, the Chimp Pokémon. A Grass type. When Grookey uses its special stick to strike up a beat, the sound waves produced carry revitalizing energy to the plants and flowers in the area.

Ash: So, it's called a Grookey.

Azula: Hey, I remember Grookey. There was one from where I was born.

Cobalt: Really?

Gary: Hey, now that I see it, I think Grookey is the Grass-type starter here in Galar.

Ash: So if Sobble is Water-type and Scorbunny's Fire-type, I guess we now know all the Galar starters.

Green: Heh, look at that. Another Grass boi.

However, as Green cheered, Serena had chosen just then to enter the room.

Serena: Is everything okay? I heard Gary yelling.

Cobalt: Everything's okay, Serena. Gary just found a wild Grookey when he woke up.

Serena: Oh.... Did you catch it?

Gary: Me? Catch it? Hmm... Thinking about it now, I really lucked out here.

Ash: Well... I don;t mind.

Serena: I say you've earned it.

Nodding, Gary climbed down from the bed and gently walked over to his bag, pulling out an empty Pokeball.

Gary: Alright, let's do this.

With a hint of excitement, Gary tapped the ball on the monkey, but suddenly....

Pokeball: IT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU! DON'T BE A THIEF!

Serena: A-A thief?!

Ash: It's a security measure for the Pokeball. That must mean Grookey belongs to someone else.