The Ultimate Test

On the road once again, Aiden flew up in the sky, doing barrel rolls as he savored his new Flying type to the fullest. However, back on the ground, Ash and the others were enjoying the nice lunch, Brock looking over the new egg in excitement as Green turned to Ash, noticing the badges in his vest.

Green: You know, that always confuses me.

Ash: What does?

Green: How you always pin your badges against your vest. Why do you do that? Don't they like, give you a case or something to put them in?

Ash: I... I don;t know. I never got one.

Cobalt: Nothing offensive, Ash. It;s just that... It just seems a bit unsafe with you running around with badges in your vest like that.

Green: And speaking of badges, when are we ever going to get our 7th one? We've been walking for days!

Ash: We have to find Cinnabar Island first, Green. Just be patient.

Brock: *chuckles* Patience trouble, Ash?

Ash: I'm fine. But Green... Not so much. Apparently, he can;t wait for me to get my last 2 badges. And being honest.... I kinda am, too.

Brock: Well, if you want to hurry up and get into the league, why not get admitted?

Misty: Admitted?

Brock: Simple. Take the Indigo League Admissions Exam. I heard the nearest town is holding them.

Ash: Admissions exam? There's a way for me to get into the League without all 8 badges?

Yami: There's an exam for the Pokemon League?

Psi: There are exams for everything nowadays, my phantasmic compatriot.

After packing up lunch, the group made their way to the nearest town as they made their way to a large building, where they spoke to one of the instructors at the desk.

Instructor: Welcome to the Indigo League Admissions Exam. Name, please.

Ash: Ashton Satoshi Ketchum.

Instructor: *types* Ah, there you are. And how many badges have you collected thus far?

Ash: 6. If you don;t mind me asking, sir... What is this about?

Instructor: Well, as you know, trainers get into the Pokemon League by traveling around the region and gathering the region's 8 badges. But here, we evaluate applicants based on a combined written and practical skill exam. *holds up shiny red badge* And those who fully pass the test will receive this badge, automatically qualifying them for the Pokemon League!

Ash and his two released Pokemon looked at the badge in wonderment as the instructor put it down and typed on the computer.

Instructor: And there, you're registered for the exam.

He then hands Ash a sticker, which is green and has the number "7" on it.

Instructor: Take this, it is your registration number.

Ash: *takes sticker* Thank you.

Cobalt: Look at that. Lucky number 7!

Green: You don;t need luck, buddy! You got this in the bag!

Misty: Wow, look at all the people showing up to the exam.

As Ash looked around the room, a man with blue hair is seen talking to an older couple, a woman with a short orange dress and her hair tied into a bun and a man with a bushy mustache and a baggy red hat. Ash might not have recognuzed the man, but we do... Of course we do.