Blast Off For The Earth Badge

Well, that last chapter was probably one of the darkest in the story, huh?... I bet you sickos loved it. I sure did.

—-------------------------------------------

A long while after Giovanni defeated Gary with his newfound secret weapon, the man is now back sitting in his office at the gym, petting his Persian and revelling at the success of his battle. However, this splendor ceased due to a woman calling him on the intercom on his desk.

???: Giovanni, sir, there is a Jessie, James and Meowth here requesting to see you directly. Something about getting a rare new Pokemon.

Giovanni: Hmm.... Thank you, Matori. Send them in.

Matori: Right away, Sir.

The intercom buzzed, ending the call as the famous trio then walk into the office through the doors, Jessie seemingly holding something behind her back.

Jessie: Jessie, James, and Meowth reporting, Sir. Sorry to waste your time, your excellency, but *teasing tone* we have a special treat for you~.

Giovanni: ....I like treats.

Jessie: We have a very rare and valuable Pokemon for you.

James: Even rarer than that blue one we told you about that's traveling with this kid.

Meowth: And it's a real cutey, too!

With Jessie letting out a "Ta-da", Jessie shows that in her hands sat Kestrel, who cooed as he was shown to the man. Giovanni... Wasn't impressed. Then again, we was never easily impressed to begin with.

Giovanni: What is THAT?

James: The database says it's something called a Togepi. It's one of those newly discovered Fairy-types.

Giovanni: Fairy-type, hm?.... And what exactly does... "Togepi" do?

Jessie: Oh! Well, it..... Uh.... It's.... *to James* James what the hell does this thing do?

James: How am I supposed to know? I never even saw one of these things until now.

Meowth: Well.... It makes a nice paperweight.

Giovanni: *slams fist on desk* YOU FOOLS!

The sudden yell caused the three to gain a fearful expression, clasping their hands together as a means to ask for forgiveness.

Giovanni: You search for months and THIS is what you bring me?! You three are the definition of incompetent!

The three utter multiple apologies to their boss, but as Jessie did this, she failed to realize she dropped Kestrel. Now on the ground, Kestrel got onto his feet and waddled over to the open door, which he walked through. However, the apologies are interrupted by the phone on Giovanni's desk ringing.

Giovanni: Hang on, I need to take this. *answers phone* Moshi Moshi?..... What?..... What?!... Dammit!

He harshly hands up the phone, making his own Persian afraid as Giovanni reaches tnto his desk drawer.

Giovanni: There's been an incident, I have to go. You three must watch the gym in the meantime. Here.

He then hands Jessie a small pager and a small tied-up bag.

Jessie: Wha-

Giovanni: That buzzer will summon the machine you suggested that will give you Pokemon for battles and that bag as any badges for any winning trainer. I'll be back in about a few hours. DON'T set the gym on fire like the last substitutes!

Meowth: But-

The man's chair then rolls backwards as it hit the wall, which then turns sideways, taking Giovanni on the other side of a secret passage as it turns, seeming like there was no man sitting there just a minute ago.