A Grand Prix Of Mega Proportions

When we last left our heroes, they stopped in the not so known HopHopHop Town, where Misty hoped to compete in the Water Tournament. It turned out they were 10 years too late, but Misty caught a new Pokemon; Psyduck. Though they were stopped when they noticed a human-like Pokemon with boxing glove-like hands running down the road they were on, punching the air as if to train.

Brock: Look at that, it's a wild Hitmonchan!

Ash: *takes out Pokedex* I heard these things are pretty hard to find in the wild.

Pokedex: Hitmonchan, the Punching Pokémon. A Fighting type. This Pokémon has an indomitable spirit and will never give up in the face of adversity. When Hitmonchan twists its arm while throwing a punch, the blow will pulverize even concrete.

Green: Maybe we could see if he'd wanna battle.

Ash: Maybe. *to Cobalt* Cobalt, how would you like to battle?

Cobalt: Me? Why?

Ash: It'd be great practice for the Fuschia Gym. Plus, it's another Fighting type. You'll need to fight other Fighting Pokemon in order to be the strongest Pokemon in the world, right?

Cobalt: Right.

Ash: So, let's try it out.

Nodding, Ash and Cobalt approached the Hitmonchan, who was still punching the air to practice. However, unknown to them, they were being watched by someone behind the nearby tree.

Cobalt: Uh, excuse me. Would you mind if-

The Pokemon almost punched Cobalt, the Lucario screaming as the Hitmonchan reeled his fist back, speaking in a Brooklyn accent.

Hitmonchan: Woah 'ay, sorry kid. Didn;t see you there.

Cobalt: It's... It's okay. I was just curious if you wouldn't mind having a battle.

Hitmonchan: A battle? Wait... How do I know your trainer isn;t trying to just catch me? It won;t work, just saying.

Ash: I'm not planning to catch you, Hitmonchan. I just want to train Cobalt for my gym battle.

Hitmonchan: ....Did you understand me or did you just assume what I said?

Ash: I can understand you. So, do you accept?

Hitmonchan: Hmmm..... *shrugs* Alright, sure. Why not?

Chuckling, Yami pulled a boxing ring bell out of nowhere, hitting it and making a ring, starting the battle between Cobalt and Hitmonchan. The boxer lunged at Cobalt with a Mach Punch, which he dodged before throwing a punch at Hitmonchan.

Green: Yeah, bro! You got this! Give him hell!

The two exchanged punch after jab with one another before Hitmonchan reeled back to hit him with Dynamic Punch.

Misty: Look out, that's Dynamic Punch!

Ash: Cobalt, counter with Force Palm!

Cobalt reeled his arm back for a Force Palm, only to spawn an idea. With a smirk, Cobalt started charging an Aura Sphere in his reeled back paw. As he brought it forth, his Force Palm hit the Aura Sphere, sending it rocketing towards the Hitmonchan, hitting him in the chest and sending him to the ground.

The Lucario panted as he stood in place, taking the time to see his trainer and friends looking at him in shock and surprise, even the Hitmonchan as he got up.

Cobalt: ....What?

Hitmonchan: "What"? "What"?! That move you did, kid..... It was incredible!