Red

Goddamn it! I gotta be honest, writing the goodbye scene in the last chapter almost made me cry. And if it fdid the same... Good, I'm glad! Anyway, we have some time before the Pokemon League, so enjoy.

Also, the concept of this chapter and the coming one is inspired by the fanfic by GhostKaiser23, so go and give them some love.

—-----------------------------------

The next day after Misty and Brock left to go home for a while, Ash had begun to train his Pokemon, making sure they were in top shape for the Pokemon League. Yami and Azula were currently working on their accuracy on moves like Snipe Shot and Shadow Ball, Aiden was with Green to work on his speed while Psi and Cobalt were engaging in a small sparring match. He sat on the porch with Blacky on his lap, where the scratched the Umbreon behind his ear as he looked on.

Ash: Remember Aiden, using Dragon Claw in the air relies on speed and using momentum! Shift your weight with the arm opposite of the one glowing for more power!

Aiden: Got it!

Ash: Cobalt, keep on your guard! You're our glass cannon, no offense!

Cobalt: No need to apologize, I get that!

Azula: Has anyone seen Kestrel?

Ash looked around for a bit, before spotting Kestrel looking towards the fence, where he then lightly Headbutted the post, staggering back before laughing and getting up to do it again.

Green: Hey, it kinda looks like Kestrel wants to train, too.

Aiden: Isn;t he a bit young for battles?

Psi: Actually, this would be around the age where young Pokemon start playing in order to practice their first moves.

Ash: It'd be really cool to have Kestrel participate. But I wouldn't want to without you guys' permission.

Cobalt and Azula looked at each other, Cobalt putting up a finger to give them a minute as the two of them side-barred to discuss it. As they spoke, Delia came out the back door, holding a pitcher of lemonade.

Delia: Working hard I see, Sea Breeze?

Ash: I have to, Mom. *takes glass* If I'm gonna be a Pokemon Master, I need to make my Pokemon the very best they can be. *doubtful* But.... I need to be honest. I have no idea what I'm doing. How am I supposed to train fully for the Pokemon League if I don't really know where to start?

Delia frowned as Ash sipped his lemonade. She wanted her son to be the best, but he obviously needed help. Who could.... Wait.... He hasn;t been home in years, there's no way he would.... But maybe... Just maybe....

Delia: Ash, if you really want some help..... I suggest you go see your father.

The boy suddenly jolted at the mention of his father, coughing harshly as he almost choked on the lemonade, causing Cobalt to immediately pat his back to help him. Though Ash;s Pokemon heard what Delia suggested, looking just as shocked as their trainer.

Ash: Dad?!.... But..... I thought he disappeared.

Delia: He practically has. He's been training atop Mount Silver in Johto for years, promising to come back as a stronger trainer and a better man. I know you'll have a lot of questions for him, but that old Fighter will be so proud of you, I know it. And when you see him... Can you tell him his Evolver misses him?

Ash smiled, remembering the nicknames that his parents used for each other when he was younger.

Ash: I will, Mom. *to Pokemon* Everyone, get ready! We're taking a little field trip for a day or two.