An Overgrown Reunion

WOW! What a battle! That last chapter's huge final fight, including James and Jessie's character arcs going a whole new level along with the Mewtwo stuff, that was definitely one of my favorite chapters. Well, we're halfway through part one of the story and I hope you guys enjoy the Pokemon League.

—---------------------------------------------------

After spending the night in the Viridian Pokemon Center on the night of winning the Earth Badge, Ash had begun to lead the group out of the city and towards Pallet Town, stopping to call his mother on his Xtransciever to notify her first.

Ash: I still can't believe we got our 8th badge yesterday. That whole battle felt like a dream.

Misty: Same here, that was the most intense I've seen you battle.

Cobalt: I still can;t believe I'M the one who finished it-

Ash: Guys, quiet! I think she's answering!

The screen lit up, showing Delia, but she seemed more robotic then when they last saw her.

Delia: Thank you for calling the Ketchum residence. I'm sorry but no one is able to answer your call, so please leave a message at the sound of my adorable housemate, Blacky.

Blacky: *off-screen* You will never conquer me, ground tentacles! For I am in the sanctuary of the great goddess, Delia!

Green: Everybody's a comedian...

Ash: Hi Mom, it's Ash! I have some special news to share with you, so I'll be home for a while. I'm just leaving Viridian now, so I'll be by in a few hours. Love you. Bye. *hangs up*

Brock: Answering machine?

Ash: Yeah, but don;t worry. Pallet Town isn;t too far from Viridian, should take us an hour or 2 if we hurry.

Misty and Brock nodded before they started walking again, Ash however started unconsciously running, excitement filling him to the brim. However, he didn;t realize he was running until the others called out to him.

Misty: Ash, hey!

Azula: Wait up!

Ash suddenly stopped running, looking back to see the others running up to him, panting as they stopped.

Ash: *nervously chuckles* Sorry, guys. I'm just really excited to get home!

Brock: We know, pal. Just... try to slow it down, alright?

Cobalt: And uh, speaking of home.... Ash, would you mind if we took a detour?

Ash: A detour? Why, where?

Green: You know....

Ash looked in confusion at his starters, before gasping as he realized what they were referring to, where he then smiled brightly.

Ash: Oh yeah, of course we can! How can I forget?

Misty: What, what is it?

Ash: You see, guys. The tribe Cobalt and Green come from have been camping here when we met. Actually, the three of us met on this very route.

Brock: This route, really?

Loki: Huh, nice meeting place.

Ash: Thanks, Loki So, would it be okay if we stopped here and gave them a quick hello?

Misty: *smiles* Of course not. I mean, these guys are your family.

Loki: Eh, I guess it'd be cool.