Back Home | T H R E E

" ᵢ ₕₒₚₑ yₒᵤ ₗᵢₖₑd yₒᵤᵣ ₛₜₐy, ₘₐₖₑ ₛᵤᵣₑ ₜₒ ᵥᵢₛᵢₜ ₐgₐᵢₙ Y/ₙ, bᵤₜ dₒₙ'ₜ wₒᵣᵣy, ᵢf yₒᵤ fₒᵣgₑₜ, ᵢ'ₗₗ ₘₐₖₑ ₛᵤᵣₑ ₜₒ cₒₘₑ ₐₙd gₑₜ yₒᵤ~"

I kept replaying that....voice...in my head, over and over again, trying to remember what it was from. Mainly because it was such a weird dream. I also tried to think about getting off the bus, which I don't remember either, since Greg, my date from the other night stopped by and gave me a present  that night. Weird, right?

Anywho, I didn't open the box yet, and I'm getting pretty tired of thinking about the dumb dream, so I might as well just open it.

I took over to the kitchen, placed it on the counter, and cut it open with scissors. Before I could see what was in the box, I was bombarded by a note that read,

" Hello, Y/n! It's me, Greg! Well, I used to watch a show called Welcome Home, but I don't anymore, so 🤷, anyways I thought you could do better having them than me. When you finish watching them, go ahead and tell me your opinion!

P.s. Those are VHS tapes. You have to put them on your TV with a VCR, okay?

Love- Gregor<333 "

I sighed after reading the note, generally out of confusion, then proceeded to look through the box. Inside, I found a puppet and about 5 tapes. The puppet had blue hair and yellow skin. Its hair was in a bee-hive hairstyle, and he looked like a very fancy person. I then put him back in the box and looked at a few up the tapes.

" Y'know... I do have work today since it's... wait... " I spoke outloud and walked over to the Callender on the side of the fridge. It said that three days had passed since my date with Greg, so I checked my phone, which also said the same. " Hmmm, well, I guess that means no work today! " I shrugged it off and took the box up to the attic and sat down in front of the TV. I put tape number one in the VCR and pushed play. It kinda reminded me of Amanda the Adventure, but only because of the tapes.

The first thing to pop up on the screen was the words ' Welcome Home ', each being in different letters and wiggling around, then a few children read it a loud and started to giggle. Hmmm, we're off to a great start already... After that, they played a goofy little theme song, basically just introducing the characters. It was pretty catchy.

" Hi, I'm Wally, and today I will be showing you one of my special talents. Do you have a special talent? " The puppet that matched the one in the box asked. I sat there for a few minutes waiting for him to continue talking, but he never did. Instead, he just stared my way, but not really. It was a recorded tape. Maybe it was just glitching. " Haha, very funny. Hmm, let's see, singing. Singing is my special talent. " I said just to say. I didn't think of anything as my special talent. " Wow, that's wonderful. My special talent is painting, and today I hope to show you what I can do! " Wally responded, causing me to freak out a little, I'm sure it was just a coincidence, right?

Throughout the whole episode me and Wally kinda drew together. Well, he painted, and I sketched, but it's basically the same thing. This show wasn't so boring after all, though I got really tired after this episode was over, mainly because it lasted an hour. Also, the episode really dragged on because me and him were having conversations, his coments were mostly one sided and short, since this is a children's show and they don't need a lot of talking to make them pleased, but my answers were long, so I guess it makes since. At the end of the episode, Wally said, " I hope you liked your stay. Make sure to visit again. " Weird, right?

After that, the first tape was over. I ejected it, put it back in the box, and took the Wally puppet with me to my room. I don't know what it is about it, but something about it makes it feel comforting.

It turned out to be nighttime right now, 9:42 p.m. to be exact, probably because of daylights savings time or something like that. Anyway, I put Wally next to me and the bed and slept like a baby.

" ᵢ ₕₒₚₑ yₒᵤ ₗᵢₖₑd yₒᵤᵣ ₛₜₐy, ₘₐₖₑ ₛᵤᵣₑ ₜₒ ᵥᵢₛᵢₜ ₐgₐᵢₙ "