Bonding | 16

°°°°

I found my way back to Poppy's barn and nervously knocked on the door.
I was met by the tale bird woman, as she wore a stern look. She started to close the door, but before she could, I stuck my foot in the door.

" Hey Poppy...! " I gave her a smirk and pryed the door open, although she was stornger than me. It wasn't a suprise though, she was really really tall, probably even taller than Barnaby, and I'm sure I can see abbs underneath her feathers. " I'm busy, do you mind moving?" Poppy started to shut the door even more, causing my fingers to get crushed. " P-please, Poppy, It's Wall-"  

" Fine. " She mumbled and quickly pulled me inside, locking the door behind her.
" You're really gonna let me in? This isn't just a trick? " I raised a brow and looked around a little but still stood in my place. " It's not like I wanted to, just tell me what you want. " Poppy let out an agravated sigh and rolled her eyes at me. " I um...he kinda....it's hard to explain..." I frowned and looked down at the ground. " Okay, well we have time to make this story less complicated. " She gave me a small smile and sat my down at the couch. " Really?" I looked up at her. " Really. "

****

After I told Poppy most of the story she had warmed up to me in a way. Like, instead of sitting like a rock, she was slouching. Her grammer wasn't 100% proper, more free. And she listened to my story, and at some times when I got emotional, she would pat my back or shoulder, or let me cry in her feathers. It was nice to know that someone in this neghiborhood wasn't so estatic and would be able to listen.

" Well that was....a lot....Also, I'm sorry about being rude eairler. I just didn't know you and-"  " It's alright, I really do understand, I'm just happy that you are more open with me now. " I gave her a sempathetic smile and put my hand in hers. Poppy then began to cry a little, but just enough for tears to come out of her eyes. " We should really stop all of this sappy stuff now, want some ice cream or something to take your mind off of all of...this...?" Poppy stood up and stretched. " Yep! "

*****

Sorry that it's short, I need enough um words or something for the next chapter and one after.